[ Nijimura/? ] - Priority

Ring... Ring...

You sat in front of your laptop that was on your paper (& candy wrapper)-filled desk. The continuous ring had rung for approximately half an hour and showed no signs of stopping just yet. As you let out a small yawn, your heavy eyes flickered down to the corner of the never-changing screen to see the time.

12:54

It was late, obviously. But it was the only free time you got in your busy college schedule. You had finished your work earlier and even skipped a few meals to get this precious time to talk to your boyfriend. He was currently residing in America and you were stuck in Japan finishing your degree. You two were really far, of course. However the bond you two shared went way back to junior high, so even when you couldn't see each other in person, you guys made it work somehow.

Another few minutes passed as you stared at the black skype browser. Your eyes followed the dots as it attempted to call for your boyfriend, but in return, was never answered.

Maybe he was busy. He had been  really busy lately. He always proposed a date and time to skype with you, but always post-poned it since something always came up. This time was supposed to be "for sure." He said he was going to pick up no matter what the situation was, but it didn't really seem that way right now.

Before you could call it quits, the screen changed and his image appeared. You beamed up instantly at the sight of his face; his "oh, so handsome" face that didn't seem to reciprocate the same feeling you felt at the sight of him.

"Shu-kun? Hi." You initiate the conversation, ecstatic that he actually picked up. His response was slow, like snail speed slow. You even had to check your mic settings twice just to make sure that it wasn't on mute because he couldn't hear you.

"Hey." His voice was groggy and quiet as he massaged his temples with his thumb and index finger. "You called all this time?" He asked, dropping his hand down.

"Yeah, I did." You admit, reaching behind your laptop to grab at another peppermint. "You said we were to meet at 12:00."

"Huh. I guess it slipped my mind." Nijimura scoffed lightly. "My bad."

You just smiled and nodded, silently forgiving him for his tardiness. But deep down, you were actually fuming on the inside. Maybe it was because it was late and you were tired-No. It was because of him that it was late and that you were now tired. And he didn't even spare a few words to properly apologize? How dare h-

"Look (F/N)," The brunet begins, snapping you out of your ranting thoughts. "I know we've been together, but I can't do this anymore." He let out another sigh that came out louder through your speakers.

"C-can't do what, Shu-kun?" Your brows furrow in confusion at his sudden words. You watched him avert his eyes from the camera and to something beside him. The bump under the blanket stirred slightly and you watch as he rests his hand on it. As much as you wanted to know what was there, you had no power whatsoever to do anything on the other side of the call. "Shu-kun..."

"I'm sorry (F/N), this is hard for me too. This is not working." He replies with a frown that he tried to hide, but failed. It was a struggle to show no emotions from the former captain when you were almost shedding tears from your now watery eyes.

"I thought this was what we agreed on."

"And I don't want it anymore."

"..." You just helplessly stared at him through the screen. As much as you wanted to beg him to look straight into the camera - to look at you, his brows were furrowed and right under, his eyes were shifted back to the blanket bump beside him. "...Then what happens next?" You manage to whisper past the lump lodged in your throat.

"We say our goodbye and part ways, I guess." The former captain shrugs before raising his hand slightly to wave off. To him, it might've seemed like a good idea, but to you... It was far from ideal. You rejected your room mates's offer to hang at the bar because you were scared you'd miss the call with Nijimura. You missed meals just to finish your work quicker to make time for him. Heck, you even stayed up listening to the annoying constant ring, hoping that it would soon be replaced with Nijimura's voice. And all you got for your efforts, was to be dumped lousily.

"So I hope we can still be friends, (F/N). Thank-" Slam!

Before he could finish saying what you had already assumed, you slammed the laptop closed. Immediately, the call cut off and you sat there in an unsettling silence with your chest heaving violently in and out, your nostrils flaring, and a barrage of tears flowing falling from your eyes. Your knees, as if it were an automatic response, pulled to your chest where your hands were, desperately trying to stop the prominent throbbing of your heart. The pain in your chest only continued to throb harder, resonating its sadness throughout your entire body.

"That fucktard!" You curse at the empty space in front of you, shouting at the top of your lungs without a care for your apartment neighbors. Your mouth opened, ready to curse once more until the click of your door unlocking caught your attention. 

"Woah, is that how you're supposed to greet someone when they come home?" A voice calls out, their words slightly slurred but still comprehensible, as they open the door fully to your bedroom. You immediately turn, your puffy red eyes glued to your roommate who had returned back from his regular late night visits to the bar. Your wet cheeks, frown and flaring nostrils must've taken him by surprise because he dropped his smirk and walked over to you with a concerned look on his face. "Everything okay here?" 

You just shake your head, using your sleeves to wipe the remnants of your tears off your cheeks. "I'm fine. It's just some sad drama that I'm watching..." You answer, only to have your voice crack near the end and the barrage of tears return. 

"You're such a bad liar." He tsks, now taking a seat on your bed beside your desk. He leans forward to listen attentively, his elbows rested on his thighs. "So spill, I don't wanna have to hear your sniffling all night when I'm trying to sleep. You're lucky I didn't bring a girl home with me tonight." 

His words raise the corners to your lips slightly because of how idiotic he was. Seeing as how he was your roommate and close friend of 4 years already, you let out a deep breath before deciding to inform him. 

"Well...?" He says, cocking one of his eyebrows up at you. 

"I'll tell you, just shut up and listen, Shou-kun." You snap back at the white-haired male, the smirk on his face appearing once more. "But before I start, can you grab me a bowl of ice cream?" 

"You're so needy." Haizaki replies, yet he still got up to grab you the pint of ice cream in the fridge. As you watched him walk out of your room, you eye'd his tall and toned stature. Since when did he become handsome? 

-

A/N: It's been in my drafts for awhile, so I might as well finish it. There might be a continuation, who knows? Probably.