[ Mitobe ] - I would love to

*cough cough* Hooray for a new character I get to write about!

"Mitobe-kun, right?" You ask for reassurance and the silent black-haired teenager beside you nods as you guys enter the restaurant doors. You had finally mustered up all the courage you had, and let's face it... There wasn't much, to ask your crush to accompany you out on a date. As much as you were thrilled about him accepting, you weren't really expecting an extra player to join the two of you.

"Oh man! His restaurant looks amazing!" Mitobe's friend beamed, practically jumping around the restaurant, admiring every little detail in the building. "I'm so glad you asked us to come today, (L/N)!" Koganei grinned as you and Mitobe followed the hostess to the table you guys were assigned to.

"Yeah, yeah... No problem." You awkwardly reply, plastering a fake smile to the cat-like boy. You scooted into the booth, hoping Mitobe would follow behind you so that you could sit next to him. "M-mitobe-kun, you can sit next to-"

"Mitobe! Let me sit in the middle, I hate outside seats!" Koganei shouts, hopping into the booth with the silent male following after. "Pretty cozy in here, huh?" The talkative teen chuckles, making himself comfortable in his seat. Which pretty much meant, accidentally elbowing your jaw, knocking over the glass of water, and taking up most of your space on the mellow navy blue seat. "Oops! My bad!" Koganei scooted closer to Mitobe after you fell off of your seat for the 3rd time. That damn boy...

"Ah, don't mind, Koganei-kun." You cutely giggle, hoping that Mitobe would be impressed by how sweet you were acting. "Oh! So, Mitobe-kun! What do you think you'll be getting?" The tall basketball player lifts his menu up so that you could see, pointing an image of tuna donburi. "Cool... I was thinking about getting tha-"

"I'm just gonna get this." Koganei interrupts, holding his menu up even higher for you and Mitobe to see. "I heard it is good! Let's order!"

--

In the end, you ordered (favorite meal) and to no surprise, it was absolutely delightful. On the other hand, what wasn't delightful was Koganei. During the time you guys got your meals, he tipped his glass again, pushed you off your seat by accident again, and overall made it impossible for you to speak to your crush. Of course, you weren't going to give up though. Not after having to bravely face Mitobe to ask him out onto this date and dress nicely.

"Uhm, Mitobe-kun... I was wondering. What kind of things do you like to do?" You ask before taking a sip of your drink.

"Mitobe likes basketball and cooking." Koganei answers, stuffing his mouth with his dish. You lean forward a bit to see Mitobe, who just nodded at you. You smiled at him and he returned the smile back.

"Do you think Mitobe-kun could teach me how to cook?"

"No, he's a very busy man." Koganei replied quickly, shutting you down the instant you asked.

"O-oh, I see... P-perhaps another time, Mitobe-kun?" Don't give up, (F/N). You can do this.

"Nope. He can't do it."

"B-but..." Shot down... In a row... You lean forward again to get a glimpse of Mitobe, only to find him making hand signals at Koganei; with an annoyed face on. Was he annoyed by you? "I understand, Mitobe-kun. I shouldn't have asked, sorry." You frown, collecting your things into your purse. You placed two bills on the table to pay for your portion of the food before getting up.

"..." The silent black-haired boy stood up as well, wrapping his fingers around your wrist. (Please don't go.)

"Mitobe-kun?" You couldn't be any happier, he really wasn't annoyed with you. The boy turns to Koganei, who has a slightly apologetic and goofy expression on his face.

"S-sorry about that, (L/N). Mitobe would actually love to cook with you sometime. I guess I got ahead of myself." Koganei chuckles, rubbing the back of his nape as he tries to avoid eye contact with the two of you.

"He would actually love to teach you how to cook." Koganei sighs, smiling at the two of you.

"Is that true, Mitobe-kun?" You try to hide the wide grin forming on your face with your hand. You could feel the dark red blush forming on your face. The black-haired basketball player smiles and nods, intertwining his fingers with yours.

"He says, he wouldn't miss it for the world."

--

A/N: MITOBE! Hehehehe. I wasn't sure about how to write this because this boy does not speak. But like they say "actions speak louder than words," and I love loud friends, so... BAM! The perfect ingredients for a one-shot like this! Hahaha.

REQUESTS ARE CLOSED.

Keepin' it quiet, Kougou-sama//06.23.2015