Chapter 2

The kids all shouted "Dogday and Catnap!" as they both entered greeting all the kids who came over to give them hugs and greet them with cheerful smiles. "Hey kids! Who's ready to learn?" Dogday asked with a bark as Miss Delight came in. The students were taught about manners and the golden rule. "Now students what do we say when we want something?" asked Miss Delight. The kids raised their hands and as one was called Dogday and Catnap watched on with proud smiles. Each kid got the answer correct, and were eager as ever to learn. "They're really doing good now... I remember when they were all so shy" commented Catnap looking at Dogday, Dogday in exchange smiled towards his cat counterpart and replied with "we make a great team". The rest of the school day was spent with each other hanging out, eating healthy sandwiches and chatting about their favorite snacks, and what they've been up to the past few days. Catnap smiled every time Dogday always appeared excited about one thing or another, his tail wagging quickly, his ears perking up, the happy stims he would do such as flapping his paws, etc. Catnap was proud to be able to spend time with his best friend throughout the day, and even the night with the sleepovers. "Hey Dogday, want to maybe invite everyone over for a sleepover at your place tonight?" Catnap asked purring. Dogday's ears perked up and he gasps in air "yes!!" he replies maybe Catnap laugh.

After school was out and the dog and cat watched all the kids leave, Dogday and Catnap started to walk towards the sleeping dorms that housed all the kids as they did their homework, and activities that required them to stay active and healthy during their day. Dogday looked between all the kids and nodded towards Kicken Chicken and Bobby Bearhug, with Catnap following close behind they made their way over to the bear and chicken. "Hey guys, after today, do you guys want to come over to my dog house and have a sleepover?" Dogday asked quietly so the kids wouldn't hear. "Sure!" Kicken and Bobby said smiling towards Dogday and Catnap. "See you guys there!" Dogday took Catnap's hand and led him out of the room outside and started to walk toward Craftycorn's house.