Chapter 39

Kicken and Hoppy both ran over to Huggy and pointed to where the Playcare was located. "I hope they like you as much as we do!" Hoppy said excitedly. As Huggy made his way over, Hoppy and Kicken both pointing on which direction to go. "We saw Mommy here already, she checks in on Dogday it seems, he's been under lockdown by everyone since they are taking extra precautions since we almost lost him." said Kicken, making Huggy frown, but quickly smiling again to appear more friendly. He didn't want to scare anymore. "Today was a slow day, so unlike the Playcare we closed early, seems you guys never close though" comments Huggy looking around at all the laughing kids at recess. Kicken chuckles nervously "yeah we kind of snuck out early this time, might get in serious trouble for this honestly" Hoppy frowns "you're probably right" they comment. "Don't worry you two I'll make sure you two get back to work safely" Huggy said as he lowered both the Critters into the school's playground. "Thanks Huggy! Now go see Dogday, Mommy should be there too, the giant orange Dogday is where he is" Kicken points to the large orange Dogday, and Huggy nods and start to walk towards it. Huggy knocks on the door and thinks about it "Don't be nervous Huggy Dogday is the leader of the Smiling Critters, he wouldn't hurt anymore, they told you he was a gently, kind, and caring soul" Huggy told himself as the door opened revealing Catnap. Huggy smiled at the cat "Hello I'm Huggy, I was told to come meet the leader of the Smiling Critters here" the blue monster kept on a smile, and Catnap smiled back "come on in Huggy, you're just in time for games" the purple cat let the blue monster in the dog house closing the door behind him. "Nice place, super big, a lot of bright colors, I like it" he comments looking around and his eyes land on Mommy Longlegs and an orange dog. "Oh Huggy hello dear welcome!" Mommy greets her friend, and the orange dog sits up smiling at Huggy 'must be the leader' he thought as he walked over to the two, Catnap following close behind. "Hello I'm Huggy, and you must be Dogday" Huggy smiles down at the dog whose tail was wagging, "yes that's me Dogday, leader of the Smiling Critters at your service" Dogday bows his head and smiles towards Huggy showing no signs of fear. Huggy was glad the critters can see him as a friend, especially their leader. Huggy stayed for the game, it was a basic card game but it was still fun to learn, Dogday was good at it, and Mommy said she had just taught him how to play a few minutes before he came, 'impressive' Huggy thought. Catnap watched from the couch, but soon got up, asking if anyone wanted drinks, everyone seemed to want lemonade so he went to go grab everyone some lemonade from the kitchen.

Catnap could hear the laughter, and smiled towards himself. He looked at the clock it was Dogday's medicine time, and it was the last one before he gets better. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but Dogday is.. well a dog. Not the best for taking medicine, so he's been experimenting with ways to get Dogday to take the medicine. He tried peanut butter, wrapped it in salami, turkey, ham, bacon, steak even tried to sneak it in drinks, but Dogday's found it every time, so he had to get very smart, he just asked Bubba what he should do, and Bubba had told him to try a combination of peanut butter and salami sandwiches, and to swap the meats and tell him that it was a surprise. Catnap was making the sandwiches for him and also Huggy and Mommy, grabbing the lemonade and pouring it in cups for each of his friends. When he was done he carried the tray to his friends, handing Dogday the special sandwich, and offering the others to Mommy, Huggy and himself. He also handed each a glass of lemonade to which everyone thanked him smiling, and enjoying their sandwiches and lemonade. Catnap watched Dogday a few times so he would see if he found the medicine or not. Dogday ate the entire sandwich making Catnap happy for both he enjoyed the sandwich and he ate his medicine. "Thank you the sandwich was delicious Catnap" Dogday thanked his friend making Catnap's smile larger. "Of course Dogday, thank you for being such a great leader and friend" the cat smiles making the dog blush "of course".