Chapter 143

Kissy laughed as Poppy finished her joke, but before she could make another the door swung open. "Hey Kissy" said Huggy as he and Boxy Boo came into the room followed by Bunzo. "Hey Huggy, what brings you all here?" asked Kissy looked at the three who entered. "Not much, just got bored waiting for the morning" Huggy said doing puppy eyes at Kissy who in turn rolled her eyes. "You're a big cuddle bug, you know that?" she said smirking at Huggy as he smiles and the two monsters cuddle in the corner of Poppy's room. "We just came because we were also bored" said Boxy Boo looking around the room admiring it. " yeah, and the Smiling Critters are probably all asleep by now since they got a busy day tomorrow" said Bunzo hopping up and down in place. "What, the school? They love that place and all the kids there, it won't be busy for them" said Poppy with a confused expression. "You didn't hear?" asked Boxy Boo making Kissy and Poppy look at him confused. "There's a new critter coming to the Playcare tomorrow, but they're going to be different" explained Huggy. "A new critter... that isn't a Smiling Critter?" asks Poppy confused as the boys all nod. "Should we take a look tomorrow Kissy?" asks Poppy to her friend who nods at the doll. "We wish you luck girls" Huggy said holding Kissy close. "Thanks, doesn't seem right that they're getting a new critter that won't be a Smiling Critter" Poppy said with her hand on her chin seemingly deep in thought of who the new critter could be, but having no clue.

Frowny Fox was getting himself ready to meet the critters. He felt a bit nervous about it since he knows he's supposed to be the protagonist to the Smiling Critters, but deep down he has respect for the Smiling Critters and doesn't want to fight or hurt them. "Are you sure about this?" he asks a scientist who ignores him. "I don't want them to hate me..." he says sadly with his ears flat against his head but the scientist still ignores him as they roll their eyes at the fox much preferring when the fox refused to speak to them.