Chapter 90

There in the tree were Dogday, Catnap, Sunshine, and Moonlight. Dogday had his legs wrapped around the tree branch, Catnap sitting in his lap tail curled around Dogday's waist. Catnap had Moonlight on his head, and Sunshine on his lap gently petting the puppy as Sunshine seemed ready to sleep at any moment. "Awww.." Picky said from the ground watching as Dogday and Catnap treated Sunshine and Moonlight as if they were their own kids. Sunshine yawned curling up in Catnap's lap as Moonlight became a loaf on Catnap's head purring up a storm. Dogday looked sleepy, as his head fell against the tree and he was heard sighing in content from the pace and tranquility. Picky smiled and walked away "I'll ask later" they said as they wanted to let Dogday and Catnap have their own space for a while, knowing the kids as much as Dogday and Catnap loved them, could be a bit much at times.

Picky walked into the school smiling and humming to herself as she saw two kids at the locker talking about how they loved The Smiling Critters and how they wanted to be just like them. Picky smiled towards the kids before asking why they were there to which the kids replied "Oh, sorry we were talking about you guys and how we wish to be like you when we grow up" the kids smiled up at Picky. "Oh..." said Picky their heart sunk remembering how they got to become the way they were. "Well.. umm...." said Picky looking at the ground "time to go to recess with the others, did you both eat?" asked Picky earning nods from both kids as they followed her out into the recess area.