Chapter 89

"That's how you bake a pie" Picky said as she helped the kids put the pies into the oven. "Any questions as we wait for the pies to done?" the kids all smile at her as she smiles back "alright everyone you may all wash your hands now" she said pointing over to the sinks in the back of the room. All the students walked over and washed their hands, after that they went over measuring spoons and measuring cups. After a while the bell rang for lunchtime 'perfect timing' thought Picky as she watched the kids gather everything, and start to walk out of the room with their lunchboxes. As she walked the crowded halls she saw Craftycorn hug Bubba Bearhug and they were giggling about things she couldn't hear, but she was happy to Craftycorn so happy now.. even though it took poisoning her own friend to discover she needed a better relationship, she was lucky Dogday was so forgiving, and still considered her his friend. Picky was making her way to the picnic tables consisting of mostly all the kids, Angel and Alya were always together, practically siblings at this point. Dogday made sure to always let them have their own space at lunch, although he did allow them to make new friends, it's just most of the other kids were too young or too old for them to befriend. They felt comfortable around each other, but they rarely talked to others, unless the other person talked with them first. "Hey you two, whatcha got for lunch today?" Picky asked curiously. "Dogday packed the lunch with Catnap today, it has ham and cheese sandwiches, apple slices and orange slices, some baby carrots, and our favorite dressings, along with banana pudding" Alya explained in an almost excited voice making Picky laugh a bit. "That sounds good, you two enjoy it, speaking of Dogday and Catnap, you seen those two? I need to talk with them" asked Picky, both Alya and Angel looked towards the plastic tree as Picky rolled her eyes with a fond smile "thank you, enjoy your lunches" she ran over to the tree, as she looked up her heart grew really warm.