Chapter 124

As everyone got comfortable, and Dogday had prepared to tell him his biggest secret, everyone looked up at him with patience as he kept opening and closing his mouth, and shaking with all the eyes on him. 'Terrible leadership right there Dogday.. these guys look up to you as a friend and as a leader, and you're failing them all' Dogday thought to himself. Just as Dogday opened his mouth to start Catnap spoke up "I'm sorry Dogday, I'm so sorry.. I didn't mean to upset you by yelling at you about any of that, I had no idea how bad it was, how hard it is for you to even talk about, or think about, and I'm so so sorry for being a bad friend" he blurted on his paws and knees. Dogday was surprisingly smiling towards his friend. "Thank you for apologizing Catnap, I really appreciate it" Dogday said as he got up from the couch, walking over to Catnap and giving the cat a long hug. He let go and walked back to the couch as Kissy wrapped an arm around him. "You know we are here for you if you need any of us Dogday, we promise we will make time for you" Kissy said as Dogday smiled, but then frowned looking at his hind paws on the floor. His hind paws... not his own. He looked towards Hoppy as she was with Kickin kicking her legs.. his legs. He sighed but looked up at everyone ready to explain everything to them as they waited patiently for him. "Hoppy.. was attacked, and their life... flatlined as we all saw" he gulped but carried on "the scientists took us to see who's.. organs or parts they could use to help Hoppy.." everyone looked towards Hoppy as she tilted her head confused. "You're lying Dogday, I never flatlined?" she said confidently. Dogday inhaled and exhaled looking directly at the green bunny. "Come with me Hoppy.." Dogday led Hoppy to the sink. "Hmmm.. we have to spray our legs with water" after he said that Hoppy looked disturbed "no way" Hoppy said as she walked back to Kickin Chicken. Dogday sighed "why aren't you listening to me, I am trying to prove a point" he said basically pleading with Hoppy. Hoppy laughed at him and walked off with Kickin following her like an obedient puppy.

Dogday sat on the couch looking distant as his sad eyes stayed unblinking and his breathing was calming down a great amount. "Guys we need to get Hoppy to understand otherwise I'm not sure if I can say anything" Dogday informed his friends. "Why does it matter so much though?" asked Catnap. "Because.. the legs Hoppy has aren't their own.. the CEO and those scientists destroyed the old Hoppy and their personality and the... rewired them to start thinking they are a girl, they never flatlined, and that they live a perfect life where they weren't attacked yet you can clearly see the scars from the attack" Dogday says all that in one breath looking at everyone. "Alright, we will help you get Hoppy to see the truth" Catnap told his friend determined to understand. "Thank you.." said Dogday looking upset but smiling up at Catnap.