Chapter 23

Dogday was never going to get better this way. After he had accidentally threw up on Crafty's right hoof he was screamed at, and told to sit and stay. He was curled up in his bed whimpering and whining, tail curled underneath him, ears held to his eyes with his paws. Craftycorn was downstairs making herself some food, and could hear a knock on the door. She sighed and walked over to the door, as she opened it she was greeted by all the Smiling Critters and Alya and Angel. 'Of course' she mentally rolled her eyes, but she put on a big smile towards everyone. "Hello everyone, what brings you all here?" she questioned innocently, and Angel smiled towards Crafty "Can we come in and see Dogday, we brought him flowers" Angel brought out a bouquet of sunflowers, there was a tag on it with a big orange and yellow bow tying them all together. Craftycorn smiled, but shook her head, "sorry Dogday is asleep right now, but I could give him the flowers for you" she smiled and held out her hoof for the flowers. Catnap watched as Angel shyly gave Crafty the flowers, and smiled a small smile before catching Angel frown avoiding Craftycorn's eyes. Just as Crafty was about to close the door Catnap put his hind paw in the door affectively stopping it from closing. "I do want to check on him, I haven't gotten to since I was at school, I'll be quiet" he said with a bit of concern laced in his voice. Craftycorn still had a smile on but she sounded annoyed with the way Catnap was so insistent "look, he is fine, he is ju-" just as she was about to say he was fine Catnap's ears perked as he heard crying, whimpering, heartbreaking whines from his puppy. He looked Crafty dead in the eyes and said "You got five seconds before I destroy you, leave this dog house, he shouldn't be crying." Catnap's eyes were fully black with his two white pupils dilated. Craftycorn gulped and moved out of the way as everyone made their way up to Dogday's room.