Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Nadia's POV:

"Like an arranged marriage..." I mumbled more to myself.

I honestly didn't know what to answer because Zack came out of the blue and said that he was willing to marry me just because grandpa insisted on it so the situation was pretty awkward especially after remembering that he hated me a lot therefore I had to get convenient answers for all the absurd things swimming in my minds.

"So you're in?" He pulled me out of my train of thoughts.

"Look, I don't know why you're asking me to marry you but when my grandpa wakes up, I'll try to convince him that you're not the one for me" I started talking without even believing what was coming out of my mouth.

"We can just pretend that we're dating until he gets better only" He rubbed the back of his head awkwardly "So think about it" He said before he started walking away but it was out of question that I was letting him go without getting my answers.

"Wait" I called after him, he stopped in his track and turned his head to face me "Why are you doing this?" I whispered loudly because we were in a hospital after all.

"I have my own reasons" He repeated his words of earlier, took a deep breathe but he didn't bother himself to answer my question as he left right away.

I was confused, tired and most importantly afraid because doctors still hadn't given us details about what was happening in the surgery room so the only thing left for me to do was just praying and wishing for the best because nothing could help him in that situation.

Walking slowly, I reached where Mrs. Collins was sitting but Zack was nowhere to be found so I just sat there waiting for anybody to come out of that surgery room but nothing happened since we waited for more than an hour until the doctor opened the door with two nurses as I glanced Zack approaching us...

"We did everything we could do..." The doctor took a deep breathe.

"What do you want to say?" I interrupted him as I stood up quickly.

"Slowly" Zack yelled from behind.

What the hell was happening? My heart skipped so many beats when I was trying to process things in mind; the doctor seemed like he was holding bad news and Zack was acting like the sweetest guy ever who cared about me while in fact, it was quite the opposite.

"The surgery was absolutely amazing but don't put high expectations because his heart is so weak" The doctor continued talking but I somehow couldn't believe what he was saying.

"Really?" I felt my feet trembling as my head span around out of a sudden.

"Nadia, are you okay?" I heard people's voice around me but I couldn't recognize who was talking.

Five years ago, I was in the same position but the situation was different because in the past, I lost my soul in front of that surgery room when dad died but when it came to grandpa, I got my soul back since I lost hope of his recovery especially after knowing that he was talking about my dad and I, before his heart attack therefore, I had decided to do whatever made him comfortable even if it meant that I was going to be with Zack...

"Nadia! Nadia" I felt a warm touch caressing my cheek "Are you listening to me?"

"She'll be okay, you can leave the room" I heard a female's voice saying.

"For god's sake, she's like this for fifteen minutes and you're telling me that she'll be okay" I glanced Zack's clenched teeth, after trying to open my eyes several times.