Chapter 41 (BONUS)

Chapter 41 (BONUS):

The head of statistics' department, Mrs. Gale was giving us the latest numbers of the company after the big jump that Zack and I, made when we expanded the company to London, which was a risky move since the new section required a lot of money, time, and serious planning, making MC Fabric Company work harder than usual to make sure that everything was going smoothly.

At first, the board members were against the idea, reasoning that MC was already doing a good job, but Zack and I, were determined on making true what Mr. Collins had in mind for years for his company, but because of his health problems, he waited till Zack was powerful enough to make it happen, especially that Zack had me by his side and MC was stronger than ever.

As Mrs. Gale reached the end of her presentation, I couldn't hide the smile that spread on my face at the great news. In fact, the numbers were higher than expected and everything was going smoothly just as we planned, which meant that Zack and I, we were finally going to breathe. Literally. Therefore, we congratulated everyone for their hard work and soon enough, people started sprinting out the room.

The moment I was left with Zack alone in the room, a comfortable silence fell upon us as we started looking at each other for few seconds, before I strode to him and pulled him for tight embrace. He put his head on my shoulder and tugged me closer leaving no space separating our bodies besides our clothes as I just inhaled in his scent, an odor I would never get tired of.

"We did it" I mumbled in his ear.

"Thank god our hard work paid off eventually" He answered, pulling back slightly to look at my face.

"Let's celebrate" I stated out of a sudden, taking my place in the space between his legs after he walked back and he sat on the edge of the desk.

"Good idea, what do you have in mind?" He started playing with a loosened stray of hair that cascaded from my low ponytail.

"I was actually thinking of spending an entire day alone, with no one disturbing us" I wrapped my arms around his neck while he threw his around my waist.

"Sound like a wonderful idea" He whispered, drawing patterns on my blouse, sending a zoo erupting my stomach.

"Exactly" I spoke, leaning down to brush my lips on his in a brief kiss since the way he was looking at me, it told me exactly how much he wanted me to make that simple gesture.

What was supposed to be a brief kiss, turned into something else, it became hungrier and more passionate, especially when I parted my lips to inhale a deep breath and he took that opportunity to slid his tongue and make it dance in sync with mine.

I used his shoulder to restrain myself from falling as I felt like my knees were turning to jelly from his kiss and his gentle strokes that were slowly driving me insane. However, as much as I wanted to carry on with the kiss, I knew that I had to pull away and gain back my composure since we were in the workplace after all.

As I took a deep breath and rested my forehead on top of his, I couldn't help but smile at the perfect relationship that Zack and I had because despite all our stupid little fights and heated arguments, we kept our promise to always end up in each other's arms at the end of the day, the promise we made two years ago after we were reunited again.

"I don't know about you, but even after all this time, you still drive me crazy when you push up your eyeglasses while using an authoritative tone" He says, huskily.

"You should really stop telling these things" I caressed the side of his cheek "I don't think I'll be focusing on anything for the rest of the day"