Chapter 32

IMPORTANT: There had been a mistake in chapter 31 ( Half of it was deleted after three days from the update ) so can you please check if you have read the entire chapter because the end of it, is the key if this chapter.

Enjoy...!!! 😀

Chapter 32:

Nadia's POV:

       My head was spinning around and a serious headache started messing with my nerves. I only wanted to go back home where I would confront Zack the way I wanted to, not in the middle of the Gala where a scandal could be created and businesses' might be ruined.

       As much as I tried to push Zack's words away, they always seemed to find their own way back to my mind; what he said was like a knife to my heart, it made me doubt all of the words he had ever told me so far, every touch and every look we shared because it could be all a game to get me under his spell. And I am ashamed to confess, that he had me wrapped around his finger. Stupid feelings. 

I have to stop.

I can't do this.

I don't want to force you to do something that you don't want to do.

I am falling in love with you.

I can't get enough of your kisses.

      I started remembering everything that happened when we were in Chicago, from our date to the park and our confessions that leaded to the night when I shared my everything with Zack. Was I that naive to give in? Did he say those things just to get what he wanted from me? Was I that stupid after all?

      I was so lost in my thoughts that I felt like I was unconscious and far away from people. I didn't even realize what was going on until I felt something warm on my shoulder; I turned my head and there stood, Zack, beaming at me as if nothing happened, as if I was the most beautiful woman in the ballroom, and I couldn't help but wonder 'was I in his eyes?'

"I'm glad you're here, grandma says it's our cue to be on stage" Zack said, brushing his fingers on the skin of my shoulder "Are you ready?"

"Let's get it done already" I nodded at him and walked ahead of him.

"Wow, someone's excited" He chuckled, keeping up with my pace.

'I have to be strong' I reminded myself because falling apart would affect grandpa before it would affect me.

      The man who was already on stage preparing the sound system, gave us a microphone for each. The sound of music died and the crowd's attention turned to Zack and I, taking their seats on the designed tables with pale pink and gold.

"For years, Mr. and Mrs. Collins hosted all of the company's Galas but from now on Zack and I, will follow the tradition" I straightened my back and started talking. 

"You better keep your eyes off her" Zack chuckled, winking at the guests, who started laughing at his comment, while I rolled my eyes at him and he proceeded talking "People think that we are just like any other company but I must say that we are more than that, we are a family"

"That's why, celebrating our success today is our way to thank and encourage our employees to work harder, dare themselves to come up with greater ideas and push themselves to their limits" I spoke, making sure to keep the smile on my face. 

"The Gala of today has basically two reasons" Zack said as soon as I finished my sentence, making me turn my head to look at him because that wasn't what we were supposed to say "The first reason is what my lovely wife have just explained" He peeked at me from the corner of his eyes while I plastered a stupid grin on my face to not look out of place, "The second reason, is to announce that we have decided to combine the Mathews's Fabric Company and Collin's into one, and that Nadia and I, will work side by side, and lead MC Fabric company, the new born strong company"