Chapter 11-1

Chapter 11: 

Nadia's POV:

      When people say that leaving work of today for tomorrow is a bad thing, well they certainly had right. And sometimes, hiding a secret can eat you alive, just like it happened to me in that moment when Col was looking at me madly and angrily.  

       I knew that Col might have found out that I married Zack before since his parents were a part of what rich people called society but I wanted to be the only telling him the new. And the way he found out, could make things a lot worse than I ever planned for it to be. 

' What have I gotten myself into?' I closed my eyes for few seconds, considering running away as an option. 

"What are you doing?" Col snapped at me, pulling me out of my train of thoughts. 

"Well..." I tried to explain but my mouth betrayed me since no word was uttered as I started walking towards him, hoping to gather my strength in the process. 

"Nadia, you didn't answer my damn question, what the hell are you doing with him, standing that close after even worse hugging him like that" He hissed at me gesturing at Zack who stood  two feet away with a dreadful look on his face.

"I will explain later, now why didn't you tell me you were coming?" I chose to play attack instead of standing there giving him explanations in front of Zack, I preferred a private place "I seriously missed you and you were here hanging out with your friends!" I put my hands on my hips glaring at him.

"Sorry?" He chuckled before hugging me tightly "I missed you too. PS: Dillon is here also"

        At the mention of Dillon, I seriously scolded myself for my stupidity 'What was happening in this world?'. I was worried about what would Col think the moment I tell him the truth, and then I had to worry about what Dillon had to say about my marriage with Zack. Not forgetting that Lara would probably hunt me for days because she wasn't the one who planned my wedding. 

'Dammit' I sighed at myself. 

        I was so lost in my thoughts that I totally forgot that Zack was standing there so I turned my head to look for him but he was nowhere to be found and I couldn't even ask Col about him since he would only get angrier on me as he loathed the sight of Zack just much I did before. However, thankfully his car was still parked in front of me so it meant that he was still there but Where could he be? 

       I kind of felt bad for Zack because he was just trying to be nice to me for the first time in his life and what happened? Our day was screwed up by my best friend. I never thought that someday, I would be in that position, looking for Zack, worried about him and actually feeling bad for even leaving his side, while I was beside Col, who once gave me chills all over my body just by being around him.  

"What were you doing with Zack?" Col stated, angrily after leaving silence settling between us for couple minutes "How happened you were hugging him? And look at you, you're wearing his jacket"

      The second he mentioned the jacket, I looked down and I couldn't help the smile that crept to my face at the sight of it, my stomach twisted in delight as I took in a deep breathe, inhaling his scent which messed with my nostrils and gave me a lounging feeling toward him. I was starting to get used to his cologne.  

"We need to talk, something has happened in the last seven months" I intended to explain everything but without the detail of the arranged marriage since if he found out about it, he'd tell grandpa  and I couldn't risk blowing my cover. 

"You are scaring me, Nadia" He raised his eyebrow at me, skeptically. 

      I didn't even know where to start, I knew that he hated Zack as much as I did or even more so I was actually scared of his reaction, especially that I didn't even inform him or even seek for his advice. I breathed for good few seconds then blurted "I married Zack last week"