Chapter 34

/*IMPORTANT: For the next chapters, I am thinking of using the third person's POV (The writer's POV) What do you think of this idea? Who's with it? And who's against it?*/ 

/*I have always used characters' POVs so it would be a new challenge for me, please, contact me within 24 hours from now so that I can start writing the next chapter, and tell me what you think, thanks :* */ 

Enjoy this update...!!!  

Chapter 34:

Zack's POV:

        Still locking eyes with her, I leaned down slowly, sending one hand to her neck and one to her cheek to keep her in place then without even hesitation and after looking at her eyes one more time, I brushed my lips on hers and started kissing her.

       I wanted to check Nadia's reaction; if she pushed me away immediately, it would've meant that she was really sure of her decision, she didn't want me anymore; if she stayed still and didn't make a move, it would've meant that she was unsure. However, she reacted the way I wanted her to, she stayed still at first but after few seconds, she kissed me back.

      A strange feeling filled my chest at her reaction, making me feel an urgent urge to deepen the kiss a little bit, and that's what I did; I titled my head to the side and bit her lower lip, which she reacted to by parting her lips slightly. Nevertheless, just in time when our tongues met, she pulled away, breathing heavily.

       Her cheeks were flushed red as she was inhaling and exhaling deeply while I took my time to look at her intensely, a new found courage was building inside of me since she could push me away the moment our lips met but she didn't, which meant that she was fighting her own demons inside of her head.

I would make sure I win against them...

"I should leave" She intended to stand up but I reacted sooner and pulled her back down, however this time closer to me.

"I will never let you go even though I don't know why you suddenly decided to let go of what we have; but keep in mind that I genuinely love you and nothing will make me leave your side" I said, turning her face so that she could look at me "Besides, the kiss we just shared spoke what you don't want to say so don't even think I would believe your words anymore"

       I didn't wait for her to answer me, after the last word left my mouth, I stood up immediately, looked down at her and leaned down to plant a kiss on top of her forehead "Goodbye Nadia, I will be inside if you need anything" I started walking away, only to be stopped after being two feet away from Nadia when she called me.

'Did I affect her that quickly?' I hoped as I turned around.

"Your jacket" She gestured at my jacket that was still on her shoulders.

"You can keep it, I know you love my smell anyway" I winked, although I was disappointed that the piece of fabric was the only reason why she called me.

'What was I waiting for anyway?' I smiled at myself, sadly 'Maybe run to me and say that everything will be okay?'  

       I headed back to where my grandparents were in order to ask them if they wanted to go back home since it was already close to midnight and grandma would be exhausted after making sure everything in the Gala went smoothly. 

       Grandma refused to leave before Mr. Mathews was released but grandpa of course obliged her to leave immediately and made me drive her home instead of calling the chauffeur, while I really wanted to stay at the hospital longer beside Nadia.