Chapter 16

Nadia's POV:

I had never thought that one day, I would be in the cafeteria kissing someone, Zack, without even caring about others or what they would think of me, but it actually happened. And I couldn't care less about others.

I was quite reserved when it came to boys therefore I never showed affection to them in public and I stayed away from them .And concerning Zack, if he wasn't my husband, I wouldn't even cross the road toward him but under name of marriage, I felt like it was right...

When I suddenly heard Zack's name being called, I wanted to turn my head to see who was the intruder especially that it was a familiar female's voice but Zack didn't even budge to move as his kiss became sweeter if it was even possible, he just pulled me closer and continued crushing himself toward me.

"Oh my god" The girl spoke, excitedly. And I recognized her immediately.

Maria. Sarah's daughter.

"Maria?" Zack stood up and ran his hand through his hair nervously "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I came to see Blake" She shrugged off, swaying her hair from side to side "But man, who said I would see you kissing in the cafeteria" She suppressed a smile.

"You have the heart to talk after skipping my marriage?" I put my hands on my hips and glared at her.

"I was going to call, but... I... felt" She started stuttering adorably.

"She was just kidding Maria" Zack laughed at her as I stood up and joined him.

"You are annoying, both of you" She pointed at us, accusingly "I felt guilty for not being in the wedding especially when mom spent hours talking about it, and here you are making fun of me"

"Sorry and don't feel guilty it is fine" Zack approached her and pinched her cheeks, like a little girl.

"I thought you forgot about it"

"What gift?" Zack questioned confusingly.

"Nothing" Maria and I, answered him in union.

"Whatever! So where's Blake?" I asked her about her fiance because it's been a long time since I last saw him.

"He's here somewhere" She replied flatly, throwing her hands in the air.

"Meeting your finance? Ha!" Zack wiggled his eyebrows at her mischievously "Be careful when you see him, the paparazzi are still here"

"Says who was just kissing his wife in public" She mocked him, poking his arm.

"You said it yourself" He turned his head and looked at me "She's my wife and it felt great kissing her"

We locked eyes for few seconds, totally forgetting the fact that Maria was still standing in front of us. His lips were still swollen red from the kiss as his teeth bit the corner of his upper one, his eyes held something warm in them, giving me butterflies in my stomach, while his hand caressed my upper arm tenderly.

"Ahem" Maria faked coughed to get out attention but we were both trapped in each other's eyes.

"Yeah?" Zack mumbled, still staring deeply in my eyes.

"Blake is waiting " Maria stated when silence took its place between us "Mom is expecting you both for dinner and don't make any excuses" She gave Zack a sharp look and hugged the both of us before heading away and sending us a quick wink.

"She hasn't changed a bit" I stated after a while.

"Yeah, she's amazing and deeply in love with Blake" He squeezed my arm gently as we started walking toward the classes.