Chapter 14

Once we decide to bury our past under tones of dust, we see life much more beautiful and our perspective changes. We try our best to live the moment without looking back and hesitating our decisions. Life would have a meaning again...

Zack's POV:

No words could describe my feelings that morning when I woke up and saw Nadia embracing me like I would run away; she had her hands wrapped around me as she used one of my arms as a pillow while my other arm rested on her waist proudly.

I stared at her for a while, thinking how could she be so beautiful without even trying? Her skin was flawless, her hair was perfect, her eyes were marvelous and adding to all that, she was the smartest girl I had ever met or had an argument with in my life. However, I intended to leave the latter for myself.

The previous night was surreal, I had no idea when I was fighting with Nadia beside the classroom that I would end up wrapped in her arms the next morning. But I was glad with the twist that happened since I wouldn't be as happy and relieved as I was if none of it occurred.

Looking down at her, I fought the urge of stroking her skin because I knew that she would wake up if I did so, therefore, I just stared at her and admired her beauty while my mind took me to everything that happened 18hours ago.

/* The night before, I had no intention of kissing her, it just came with the moment. Especially when she started talking about Jasmine and I, she was obviously jealous and that was my hint that she felt the same as I did toward her. Moreover, I was thrilled that I made that decision since it gave me the opportunity to apologize properly. */

The day before:

I couldn't believe that Nadia ran after her friend like that. She didn't even turn back to take her phone, which became useless to her comparing it to her friend, or was he just a friend? Was he the same boy who was texting her earlier? Did she like him? If she did then what about Col?

"Eghhh" I sighed in desperation, looking at the phone in my hand annoyingly and fighting the urge to cast it on the ground.

I was a mess, confused and annoyed as I wanted to punch somebody so badly that I ended up hitting the wall instead. Moreover, to my annoyance, Jasmine threw herself on me as if I didn't tell her to stay away from me earlier that morning.

"I was thinking about having lunch together! You're in?" She threw her hands around my neck, in attempt to get my attention.

"Leave me alone, I don't want you in my life, ok?" I pushed her away but she didn't stop there, she moved closer again.

Couldn't she get the hint?

"What's your problem?" She snapped at me when I stared at her blankly "Last year, we were always together and now you don't even talk to me like you used to; it's all about Nadia, isn't it?" She looked pretty annoyed, and had sparkles coming out of her eyes.

"God, what have I done to deserve being in that position?" I scolded myself.

"What about her?" I clenched my teeth because I knew that Jasmine would mess up with Nadia. That's why I had to stop the crazy girl standing in front of me "Stay out of my business"

"Why? You know I love you!" She tried to run her fingers down my arm, obviously trying to be seductive, but her single touch was enough to disgust me.

"You know I have no feelings for you" I was already done with what she was saying or was about to say because I knew that she would only make me angrier.

"It is because you married Nadia?" She stated as a matter of fact with a questioning tone "That bi*** has everything I ever wanted and now she has you" She then, started laughing hysterically for few seconds before finally being quite "But don't worry, she won't be a barrier to me"