Chapter 26

Chapter 26:

Nadia's POV:

      Everything was like a fantasy, the kind of fairy tales I used to read about in books and I never thought they existed in real life, the kind of dreams I always dreamt of when I would drift into consciousness, daydreams I used to think of in the boring history class, and the reality that Zack created for me that evening.

Everything was perfect!!!

      There I was, standing in the front of the pool of the hotel, mesmerized by the details and the efforts made, in order to pull such a scene together. The pool's surface was filled with white petals and small candles floating on beautiful little boats. Candles outlined the edges of the pool, marvelously, adding to the beauty of the water, a beauty from another kind.

Xby Counterflix

      The floor was simply covered with petals and candles with different shapes, thrown everything, making the entire pool area shine romantically. However,the table was the thing that caught my attention and astonished me as I started walking toward it; it sat proudly beside the pool with two beautiful chairs, and it was empty, but it was still beautiful.

'Why was the table empty?' I wondered although I was having my own cheerleader dance inside my head.

     I turned my head to the side and I spotted Zack staring at me intensely, and that's when I realized that I had been standing there for quite a while without uttering a word after telling him "wow" and few incoherent words because my tongue got suddenly tied as soon as I entered.

"It's just..." I tried to find a convenient word but all my tries were all in vain and I didn't even find what to say "I can't even define what this place looks like"

"But it's a good thing, right?" He suddenly rubbed the back of his head, nervously.

"Is it a real question?" I grinned at him widely but his expression didn't change a bit "Okay, there's one thing I can do to show you how all of this mean to me"

     His seemed taken back from my words but he could mask his confusion right away and just fixed his gaze on mine, watching my every move while I put the basket of flowers on the table and marched toward him, slowly and making sure that I took all of my time in the process.

I wanted him to grow impatient!!!

      When I was an arm's length away from him, I offered him my hand and smiled at him, reassuringly to take it. He did what I wanted and intertwined my fingers with his, brushing his fingers on my skin, affectionately. I felt a warm shiver run down my spine. I liked it!!!

     I tried my best to read his body language because after being close to him, I had managed to learn so many things that others couldn't see in him. And at that moment, I could tell that he was impatiently waiting for my next move, that I personally didn't figure out yet, because I had to do something but what exactly, I didn't know.

      Then out of a sudden, I realized that small gestures were all that mattered in a relationship, like the small circles he drew on my skin whenever he held my hand, or the way he loved playing with the loosened ends of my hair, or else the way I would catch him looking at me from time to time. Those were the things that counted at the end of the day, not material words.

     With a new found confidence, I pulled my hand out of his hold and stepped in his arms, wrapping my arms around his waist. I put my head on his chest and snuggled into him as I thought of something to say to take his confusion away "This is the only way I could find to show you my gratitude because my words wouldn't cover everything I am feeling right now"