Chapter 15

Chapter 15:

Nadia's POV:

I had no idea where all my strength came when I stepped on my tiptoes and kissed Zack seconds after he asked me to go on a date with him. All I knew is that I felt happy and butterflies kept roaming in my stomach. Even when he pulled away and rested his forehead on top of mine, I still felt giddy and my skin tingled because of his simple touch.

Debating with myself whether I wanted to ruin that moment by asking about the reason he apologized to me or leaving those thoughts to myself, I exhaled and just embraced him, enjoying his scent which surrounded me, and decided against it. I could deal with my stupid inner voice later. In that moment, he was the only thing which quite mattered to me.

We were jerked out of our world when we heard a knock on the door followed by Mrs. Collins's voice which echoed in the silence that settled between Zack and I. I had a feeling that she would burst on us like that because she didn't show up for an entire week. a whole week.

Lifting my head to take a sight at grumbling Zack, I couldn't help but smile at his perfection. His hair, tousled in his bed kind of style, it gave me an urge to mess it; he still didn't shave but I liked his beard that way since it gave him a more attractive look, he was topless which exposed his perfect set of abs for my sight, and could leave every girl drooling over him. 'Just like you' My inner voice stepped-in again but I dismissed it right away.

Catching me staring at him, he chuckled with a mischievous grin plastered on his face and I knew that he would just mess up the situation by saying something idiotic and childish "Admiring my charm?" He smirked lifting his shoulders up, as a sign of showing off.

Yeah he messed up...

"Charm? Have you looked at yourself in the mirror lately?" I giggled obviously to divert his attention from my flushed cheeks to my weird giggle.

"So you're telling me that you don't like the view?" He pointed at his face and body but when I didn't give him the reaction he wanted, he just shrugged off and rolled his eyes "Whatever makes you sleep at night"

Trying to fix my hair to look at least descent in front of Mrs. Collins, I pulled away from his embrace and brushed my hands through my hair several times then I gestured at Zack to open door "Your grandma is waiting, put on a shirt"

"I am good like this" He replied, a hint of mischief apparent in his eyes "I'm more attractive like this"

"Now" I glared at him, sternly.

"Okay but you have to consider changing your clothes into one of the nightgowns she brought you" He chuckled tugging on my pink baggy shirt, then he walked to the closet, grabbed a shirt and tossed it on top of his head.

"Why? What's wrong with my clothes?" I questioned because I was just fine with what I was wearing.

"Hey do you think that a newly married couple would sleep together in shorts and a baggy shirt?" He burst out laughing at my innocence especially when I hit his arm playfully and headed to the closet.

"Stop laughing and go out" I threw my hands in the air in desperation.

"I will tell her you will be there in two minutes" He winked at me while opening the door, then he left.

Staring at the nightgowns in the closet, I scolded myself for my stupidity and blamed my innocence, dumbness and lack of knowledge for the embarrassment I felt when Zack started laughing at me.

'What was I thinking about?' I thought to myself, recalling the movies I've watched of a wife wearing shorts and a baggy shirt while sleeping with her husband, but I didn't find any in my mind.