Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Nadia's POV:

I felt a kiss on my forehead and a tender caress on my cheek, I opened my eyes slowly to see that Zack was staring down at me with puppy eyes and a bright smile, his fingers kept drawing circles on my skin while I just enjoyed the warmth his touch provided in my belly and an intense feeling in my heart, a feeling I couldn't even define but liked it anyway.

I lifted my hand to put it on top of Zack's but as soon as I was an inch away from him, he stood up, turned his back at me and started walking away without spelling a single word; I tried to stand up to follow him, but something was pinning me in place, and how matter hard I tried, I couldn't move, and he was gone.

I blinked several times, hyperventilating and trying to catch my breath, before I managed to fully open my eyelids; Dillon was still asleep beside me, his head cocked to the side so I slowly stood up, lifted his head and put a pillow underneath it, so that his neck wouldn't hurt him when he wakes up in the morning.

I threw a blanket on top of Dillon, then without even realizing, I found myself walking towards Zack's rooms; I didn't bother myself to knock, I just opened the room's door and stepped inside, glancing over my shoulder to see if Dillon was still asleep or not; I didn't want him to see me walking-in.

The moment I marched-in, I suddenly felt disappointed because his bed was just as it was left two days ago, which meant that he hadn't come back home, and that I was dreaming moments ago, my unconsciousness was trying to deceive me, and making a fool of me.

'I really hoped that dream was real'

I walked to the bathroom, washed my face to freshen up and wash away my sleep, then I walked back to the sleeping area; I threw myself on the bed and pulled my knees to my chest, snuggling even more. Zack's scent filled my nostrils, making me miss his presence, his stupid comments, smug looks and devilish smirks.

A hurricane of feelings came back running to me, and I suddenly had strong desire to cry and let all of my frustration out; but the flashbacks of him in the complex two days before, were holding me back, like a barrier between me and my own feelings.

I inhaled a deep breath, stood with my head up high and started walking out of the room because I was out of place, and I had better things to think of besides Zack. He was probably enjoying his time with the Blondie anyway.

After a week:

It's been a week since I fell sick and last talked to Zack; on the exact day, Mrs. Collins spared me a visit after I obliged Dillon to leave, she instantly started asking about Zack, and how could he leave me alone while being sick; I had to lie and make up excuses to cover him up because I didn't want him to gain a lecture from his grandmother.

However, I felt bad for lying at her, especially when she almost fainted when she noticed my pale face and the dark circles around my eyes. I had to convince her that I was going to be fine for more than three times, and after it, she bid me to stay in bed, Zack's bed, and she went to heat Abby's soup for me. After I finished the soup, Mrs. Collins left right away, and I was alone again.

Snapping myself out of my train of thoughts, here I am in the elevator of the same building that Zack's penthouse is situated, heading to Sarah's house. I spent an entire week withdrawing my visit, blaming my sickness while in fact, I was dreading seeing Zack already, I was ignoring him, even at college, and even when he showed up with Blondie, Anna, who happened to be Maria's cousin.

We met several times at college but we both acted like we hadn't seen each other, which was both good and bad for me at the same time, since I was glad that I didn't have to talk to him, but I was a bit disappointed that we came back to the starting point, and even worse.