Chapter 28

Chapter 7

Nadia's POV:

      Checking some of the notes that one of my classmates sent me that morning while Zack was taking his shower, I looked around the silent apartment and realized that I actually missed it, even if I was gone for two days only, and I wondered what would happen after the year is over. 

'Would Zack and I, stay together despite our arrangement? Would our old feelings step in the way of the new ones? Will we always find the peacefulness we build for ourselves in these last few days?' I started questioning myself as usual.   

      So many questions kept floating on my mind, which only caused me a dreadful headache without even finding an answer to any of my worries; therefore I pushed the annoying thoughts to the back of my mind, and intended to focus on the test I had. 

I need to major, I had to in order to earn my spot in grandpa's company. 

      I never really counted on the notes of others, I always liked to get my own ones in order to avoid understanding wrong information and sometimes the bad handwriting of others; but since I skipped the last two courses, I was behind the others so I had to understand everything alone and memorize all of the equations in less than an hour.

      Fifteen minutes had passed by and Zack hadn't showed up yet, and I started wondering of what was holding him back in the shower. Nevertheless, my thoughts were interrupted by the clicking sound of a camera, which made me turn my head instantly to the direction of the sound.

      Zack was staring at me with an amused expression covering his face, and he was holding a camera in his hands. It was a professional camera. I waited for him to say something, anything, but he didn't, he just kept gazing at me as if it was the first time he ever saw me, and I would be lying if I said that I didn't like it just for a bit. 

"What are you doing?" I broke silence that settled between us, taking my glasses off and putting the laptop aside.

"Obviously looking at you" He answered me as a matter of fact, still locking his gaze in mine "Do you mind?" 

"No but you seemed as if you saw me for the first time in your life" I grinned at him, gesturing at the empty place beside me on the sofa.

"It's because you look extremely beautiful with glasses and I have never noticed this fact before" He threw himself beside me, throwing his left arm around my shoulder "That's weird" 

"Hum, but how came I noticed that you look so so so handsome with your glasses on" I told him, turning my head slightly to wink at him "Why don't you wear them more often?"

"Because you'd kill women's race and I can't bear seeing you behind bars" He feigned a horrified look, while I just burst out laughing at his stupidity.

      Whilst trying so hard to catch my breathe, Zack was extremely silent and kept looking at me strangely, which made me kill my laughter immediately and turn all of my attention to him since I was pretty curious to know the reason behind his sudden stares and weird lounging glances. 

"Why are you looking at me this way?" I questioned him, shifting on the sofa until I was facing him, one of my legs intertwined with his. 

"Explain more" He was trying to hide his amusement but he failed miserably since the twinkle in his eyes, betrayed him. 

"You somehow zone out in the middle of the conversation" I tried to put my thoughts in convenient words but ended up blabbering. 

"I can't help it"