Chapter 38

/*Great song above^^^^^^*/ 

Chapter 38:

Nadia's POV:

         Confessing to grandpa that I stopped Zack in the middle of the driveway, was hard on me that's why, as soon as I arrived home after leaving Zack in the apartment, I hurried to my room in order to avoid grandpa because I didn't want to lie on him when he would ask about my whereabouts, knowing that he already called the office and asked Sophia about me.

       Since the moment I left the apartment, I couldn't take Zack out of my mind, especially his voice, his touch and his smell, they were like drugs in my system, once I get just a little bit, I keep asking for more, which was the reason why I finally realized that my life wouldn't be the same without him. 

I wouldn't be able to breathe... 

        I could enter the house without being caught by grandpa but Ann saw me as I passed through the door and followed me to my room. It didn't need a genius to notice that she knew that I was hiding something. And how she always managed to blow my cover with one look only, was beyond my smartness. 

"Where have you been all day?" She asked the moment I opened the door. 

"Come on-in" I ushered her in. 

"So?" She sat at the edge of the bed, raising her eyebrow at me. 

"With Zack" I answered her honestly because Ann was important in my life and I knew that she would understand me. 

"Zack? Didn't he go to Canada?"

"I stopped him" 

"You finally woke up then" She smiled widely at me "I'm happy for you" 

"Was I that sad?" I wondered because she seemed as if the weight of the world fell off her shoulders. 

"Yes, you were lifeless" She nodded at me in agreement "When will you tell your grandpa?" 

"I don't know yet but tomorrow night, I've got to see Zack" I grinned at her like a lovesick fool "I need your help" 

"You want me to cover you up" Ann stood up and walked to the door "Just like the old days" 

        Although Ann worked for us, she was more than an employee to us, she was like my big sister, she advised me when it was needed, she took care of me whenever I needed help, and most importantly, she loved me and made sure to always take care of me... I really loved her. 

       After Ann left, I looked down at Zack's hoodie and laughed at myself for being so discreet in my addiction with his smell. I could see the twinkle in his eyes when he spotted me getting out of the bedroom wearing his hoodie. He probably felt cocky about it... 

      I went to my closet and got changed to one my pajamas because I had to catch up on work, knowing that I missed the entire day. Moreover, I always worked wearing something comfortable when I was home, it helped me work faster and be more productive. 

        Sophia already sent me everything I needed on email so all I had to do was focus for two hours to get things done. However, it was easier said than done because as soon as I turned on my laptop, my phone buzzed, signaling that I had a message. 

"Could you by any chance come here?" A low chuckle escaped my lips as I read Zack's message.

"Why? You missed me already?" I answered, opening my inbox in order to answer the emails I received and thankfully I only had fifteen.