Chapter 25

Chapter 25:

Zack's POV:

      To say that I liked playing with Nadia's hair, was underestimation because I freaking loved messing with its silk locks, and I had noticed that she liked the act as well because her face always showed peacefulness whenever my fingers reached her hair. That's why, I made sure to twirl it around my finger at times when she was near me, especially when she was tired or just drained like that day after the funeral. 

       Throughout the funeral, Nadia tried her best to cover her sadness and just plastered a weak smile on her face. However, when we were going to be bury the body, tears escaped her eyes but she brushed them immediately, and just fixed her gaze on the dust.

      Col and Dillon were there as well. Both of them just reassured Nadia that things were going to be fine and asked her to be brave. Dillon hugged her then asked me to take care of her while Col looked at her hesitatingly then just gathered his courage and embraced her in his arms, saying "I miss you and I am really sorry for everything"

"I know" Nadia returned the hug and mumbled "I miss you too"

       After the funeral's ceremony, I convinced Nadia to stay two more days in Chicago because I wanted to make her feel better and I really didn't want to go back to New York just yet since the moment we would lay foot on it, our problems would rush back to us and ruin the peace we created for ourselves. 

      Nadia's head rested on my shoulder as we were driving back to the hotel, she was just drained of everything so I made her just relax a little bit and she snuggled into me more by putting her head on my shoulder and wrapping her arms around my waist to pull me closer to her, as if it was ever possible since I already made sure that her body was completing mine. 

      Throughout the car drive, no one uttered a word and we just embraced silence which surrounded us. While I was stroking her hair, she was tormenting me by playing with the tips of my fingers and at one moment, she lifted my hand and placed a kiss on my knuckles, totally surprising me but I shrugged off the strange arising feeling I sensed in the pit of my stomach and just kissed the top of her head.

      As we arrived to the hotel, the sun was already leaving the sky and the cold chill took control of the air. Holding Nadia's hand in mine, I leaded Nadia to the lobby and decided that it was the right time to have my date with her. That's why I stopped walking and turned to look at her "I'll join you in few minutes, go ahead and make yourself comfortable" 

"Where are you going?" She raised her eyebrows at me, questioningly. 

"I'll go talk to the manager of the hotel" I shrugged my shoulders, trying to come up with a convenient lie. 

"And why would you talk to the manager?" 

"Because this hotel is one of my grandpa's hotels" I answered as a matter of fact.

"Hum, acting all bossy with the poor man" She feigned a displeased look. 

"You're wrong my dear" I moved my face closer to hers and whispered in her ear "I'll be acting bossy with the lucky woman" 

"Hum" She put her hand on her hips, glaring at me "So the manager's a women" 

"Yep" I added more stress on the 'P'. 

"Well, enjoy your time with the lucky woman then" She winked at me then she turned her face at me and started walking away.

"Wait" I followed her and held her wrist in my hand "I'm taking you out on a date tonight, be ready" I informed her, enjoying the warmth her skin provided for me.