Chapter 35

Chapter 35:

Nadia's POV:

       It had been few weeks since I made the wisest but yet the most painful decision I ever had to make in my entire life, when I packed my bags and left the apartment, feeling like I had left my heart back there behind the closed bedroom's door where so many memories would be buried forever.

        There were so many things that I wanted to tell Zack but I somehow buried everything deep down in my heart and went out without clarifying why I had to leave and telling him that he wasn't the one who made me sad, on the contrary, he was the only man who could make feel things I had never felt before.

        However, thinking of those memories wouldn't bring back time or fix the broken pieces in both of our hearts, it would only make them bleed and break even more. Moreover, Zack stood on his words and he stayed out of my way, disappointing a part of me but satisfying the other part since that was what I had asked for, hadn't I?

       Adam came back to New York as soon as he heard that Zack and I, were getting divorced, which was after a week since I came back home, and he stayed for three weeks. He was  babysitting me and he was making sure that I never stayed alone to cry and that I was eating my meals regularly.

         I was grateful that my brother was there by my side in my darkest days but sometimes he was just adding up to my annoyance since I just wanted to be left alone for a while, which was the opposite of what I got in return since my family did everything so that I was preoccupied, including making me start working, literally.

        Even though I was getting divorced, I didn't want the company to be effected since it was the elders' decision. Grandpa asked me more than once if I was against his decision, reasoning that I would meet Zack more than three time a week to make the necessary decisions, but I told him that I was totally fine. 

At least I had a reason to see Zack from time to time...

      After the Gala, all of the guests knew the reason behind our marriage when Anna unintentionally told grandpa that I slapped Zack and ran away after learning the entire truth, then she of course told him and everyone everything that she knew, that's why grandpa's blood pressure increased within seconds then he fainted.

       I knew that reporters would be everywhere in few hours that's why I passed by the apartment to pack my clothes after dropping grandpa home. Moreover, I didn't want the reporters to catch me in the act, holding suitcases and going back to grandpa's house just after the news were out because it wouldn't be good for our reputation.

        Shacking my head and pulling myself out of my train of thoughts, I told whoever was knocking on the door to come in, it was Sophia, my grandpa's secretary but since I obliged him to have some rest when I could pass by the office, she became my secretary and assistant at once.

"Everyone will be in the meetings' room in five minutes" She announced, still standing by the door "The Collins and your grandpa will be there as well"

"Thank you" I answered, brushing the nonexistent knots off my pencil skirt and followed her out of the door.

       As grandpa said, I had to see Zack twice a week, on Monday and on Thursday, when we both had to meet the heads of each service and try to solve their problems. Meeting him wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but I would be lying if I said that I could ever focus on what the others were saying whenever Zack started to talk or whenever he ever wore eyeglasses.

        It reminded me of the day we came back from Chicago, I remember Zack telling me "You look extremely beautiful in glasses and I have never noticed this fact before" just after I asked him why he was looking at me strangely and even dared to take a picture of me.