Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Zack's POV:

I don't know what came to my head when I kissed Nadia but the thought came with the moment. I had to shut her up because if she talked or pushed me any further, I would have confessed that I was actually jealous and I didn't want to. At least not yet. 

         Since the moment I saw her with Adam as she mentioned his name the night before, I somehow questioned myself "Why wasn't I the guy she was hugging? Why couldn't she trust me or at least be comfortable around me like she was with him?" I knew the answers of those questions but I didn't want to believe them.

        'Why did I suddenly start caring'  I sighed at myself. However, I have to admit that being nice with her like I was that morning when I put her in bed, it gave me an unfamiliar feeling in my chest, a feeling of warmth spreading through my body, which made me uncertain and confused on my own actions, and that was exactly what her eyes were mirroring 'confusion'. 

        The day was extremely boring since I had classes all day and Jasmine's stupid attempts to get me, they were adding to my sympathy towards her, layers of irritations since she couldn't get hints, words and actions I showed her to out of my way, especially that I was married to Nadia and I didn't want tabloids to feed from my mistakes.  

       My mind was elsewhere throughout the entire day. I kept thinking about Nadia and I couldn't get her out of my mind. Everything about her seemed surprisingly interesting to me out of a sudden; her flushed cheeks whenever I approached her, the way she took steps back every time I moved toward her and most importantly the way her chocolate brown orbs looked back at me, mirroring my own emotions. 

'What was happening to me?' I grumbled at myself, shaking my head lightly.  

         As the day reached its end, I was way tried to attend the last class so without hesitation, I said goodbye to my group of friends and went straight out of college and headed to a dinner near college that sold the best Pizza ever. Entering through the door, I was welcomed with the smell of cheese that invaded my nostrils.  

       I couldn't dismiss women's ogling eyes as soon as I lead my foot in the dinner. But like usual, I didn't spare them a glance because they only cared about looks and money therefore, I walked immediately to the cashier and ordered 'Chicken Pizza', 'Mozzarella" and '4 seasons' because I was not sure what Nadia would love to eat.  

         Paying for the Pizzas, some drinks and snacks, I took my way to my car feeling slightly happy that I was finally going back home and just chill out after a tiring long day. The traffic line was dreadful and annoying since it took me more than fifteen minutes to even start moving and another thirty minutes to reach the apartment.

         I stepped out of my car holding the food in my hands as I pushed the car's door with my foot and unlocked it. Collen greeted me and offered to help me but I declined and just asked him to press the button of the lift for me. 

       Stepping inside of the elevator, I tapped my foot impatiently on the ground because I was willing to see Nadia all day even though my heart still didn't accept the idea that I was warming up towards her. 

         The elevator came to a stop at my floor as I stepped out of it. I held the food in one hand in order to dial the code with the other one, I heard some noises from the house so I thought that maybe Nadia was watching TV but then I heard a male's laugh echoing in the background thus I immediately pushed the door open and hurried to the living room to face... Adam.

       Adam was sitting as if he owned the place, he put his legs on the coffee table while he tilted his head backward and sat comfortably on my comfy sofa. Nadia seemed very happy sitting closer to him than I wanted her to, which only made my anger boil in my veins as my hand was clenched into tight fists, madly.