Chapter 39

Check the trailer above, and please share it with your friends!!!!! 

Chapter 39: 

Nadia's POV: 

        I had never been more nervous than I was when I faced Mr. and Mrs. Collins and grandpa during that dreadful dinner, which was only organised because Zack insisted on having it in order to tell everyone that we were back together, including Col, Dillon, Lara, Sarah, and mom

      I told him that it would be better if I told grandpa myself but he insisted that we should face them together. I could sense between his lines that his grandparents weren't keen on me being Zack's wife, especially that they almost threw a party when the lawyer said that the divorce wouldn't take long, which was the reason why I was literally sweating as I sat in front of them. 

        The dinner took place in my grandpa's house, because of mom's return. True to her words, mom came after two days from sending that email. She just knocked on my bedroom door, and entered. I was slightly shocked when I saw her standing there but after few seconds, I invited her in and we talked

       She didn't try to blame dad's death or to come up with excuses, she just spoke honestly and told me why she abandoned Adam and I. She explained how much everything in this house reminded her of dad, how much she cried herself to sleep to overcome his death and how much she just wanted to run away from her problems, that's why, she just left. 

       While she was talking, I couldn't help but feel the uneasiness in my chest because of her heavy words, I still felt betrayed but I understood her, the pain after dad's death was unbearable. However, the difference between mom and I, is that I couldn't run away, I had to be there for grandpa and Adam, I could see it in their eyes that they needed me there. 

       Although Adam was older than me, he relied on me more than I depended on him, that's why, I had to bury my grief, and be strong for him, especially that Adam was closer to mom than dad, which was the opposite in my case. He was beyond hurt and I had to be there for him. 

We lost two parents the day dad died... 

         Shaking my head to dismiss those memories, I focused my attention on the steak on my plate, and ate silently, ignoring Zack's hand that rested on my right knee, I had no time to be affected by his touch. Throughout dinner, I could tell that the others kept looking at each other, probably wondering why mom suddenly gathered them only after two days from arrival. However, little did they know that I asked her to invite them for my sake and she helped me gladly. 

       Sam and Ann sat with us on the table since they were important enough to share a meal with us, and we hired a maid to serve the food that Ann cooked earlier. As we reached desert, I grew impatient and just wanted to tell them and kill the monster that was roaring in my stomach under name of nervousness. 

"So? I was quite shocked when they told me that you passed by the office yesterday" Grandpa said, digging his fork in his special made cake, gesturing at Zack. 

"I was more shocked when they called me from the airport to tell me that he never departed" Mr. Collins added, chuckling. 

"In fact, something happened on my way to the airport" Zack answered them bluntly. 

"Tell us about it, we haven't spoken properly since the night before that day" Mrs. Collins asked, curiously "What happened?" 

"I happened" I blurted, sarcastically, making everyone including Zack, to turn their heads to me. 

"Yeah! Nadia stopped me" Zack clarified, smiling widely at me from ear to ear "We're back together" 

        I was expecting them to start yelling at us for what we did but instead, they just looked t each other knowingly then Mrs. Collins started chuckling and the others followed her immediately, as Sam started clapping her hands.