Chapter 11-2

Chapter 11-2:

Zack's POV: 

Who knew that making a young girl happy, would actually make me feel better? I personally was seeking for her acceptance because I knew that Nadia considered her as more than a sister. However, I didn't even think that a small gesture like buying a tiara and a pink dress would make Sam like me that much. Heck, she kept hugging me and kissing my cheek until Nadia asked her to take her gifts to her room.

I was honestly afraid that she would dislike my gifts but seeing the look on her face when she saw the Tiara, threw my concern out of the window and totally changed my mood from mad and angry at Nadia to happy and relieved.

When Nadia left the parking lot, I stood there glaring at the stupid creature standing in front of me for few minutes, questioning myself 'Who was he anyway? Why did Nadia care so much about his opinion? Or even worse his feelings? Why did he seem familiar?'. Nevertheless , I couldn't leave those thoughts control me because I had to find Nadia.

Trying my best to keep my composure, I looked away and I started walking to my car but I stopped when I heard Col calling my name. I turned slowly my head, to find him walking towards me with a clenched fist which soon enough flied my way but I was faster and I stepped back immediately and straightened again.

"That was your best shot?" I smirked at him but his darkened look didn't go away, it became darker and intenser.

"Look, if you even think of hurting her, you'll die" He hit my car with his clenched hand then headed away without adding a word, as he knuckles bled because of the impact with the solid

'What was wrong with him? Did he actually think that I would lower myself to his level and fight with him?' I personally wouldn't fight with anybody without a convenient reason which I hadn't so why would I bother myself and try to get what the hell was happening from him? I'd rather ask Nadia instead. But did I really want to know? Why did I even care about it? Did I have the right to even claim answers?

I found myself puzzled after Col walked away because I was honestly confused about everything I was feeling especially the new sense of protectiveness which consumed me the moment I saw Nadia in pain earlier that day when she started crying in my arms like she couldn't handle holding the weight of her tears anymore. I felt a desperate need to release her pain and be there for her although I knew very little of the reason of her agony.

I noticed that she was distant from her mother because of her dry conversation with the latter in the wedding, and it bothered me since there were a lot of people who didn't even have mothers to look after them while Nadia was giving the older woman who was obviously trying to make an effort, a hard time.

Notwithstanding, I realized that there was so much onto the picture than I saw in wedding. That's why I didn't want to push her for explanations or answers and just held her in my arms, reassuringly until she felt at ease again and she could finally breathe normally.

I personally had no idea what a young girl would like so I called my secretary: Leila and asked her to order something from the nearest gifts' shop to the Mathews' Mansion and to send me the address right away. After less than twenty minutes, I was already in front of the big gates which leaded to the Mansion.

Although I was still in College, I had an office in my grandpa's company, I was trained during summer by one of my grandpa's most trusted men to be the leader I was supposed to be. That's why I hired Leila who was also studying in NYU, she needed a part time job so I offered her the position; she was only asked to help me with my schedule during summer and whenever I needed something quick to be done, just like that day.