Chapter 12

Chapter 12: 

Nadia's POV: 

        It had been a week since Zack's outburst in my old room, we were living under the same roof but we were like strangers, and my feet's condition made the situation even worse because I stayed home, killing time and doing absolutely nothing while he went to college all day, and when he was back, he just stayed in his room like I hadn't even existed.

        Throughout that week, I kept thinking of what I did wrong that day and what the hell was happening to him? I was only taking my payback after gathering every ounce of gut and strength I had to do so. However, I couldn't understand the reason behind his anger and his reaction since one minute he was staring blackly at me and the next, he was threatening me.  

         After he stormed out of the room, I stayed in my spot puzzled of what just happened. I prayed to god that grandpa and Ann wouldn't notice the sudden change of atmosphere between us, and thank god they didn't because Zack and I, we acted like we were perfectly fine in front of them although we avoided eye contact and physical connection. 

       The ride back home was extremely awkward since I just kept looking out of the window and listened to random songs because I couldn't bear silence that settled between us. The moment we reached the building, he jumped out of the car, he hurried to the glass door, he opened it and stepped inside before closing it vaguely on my face. 

Thank god Collen wasn't there to witness our Drama. 

        I acted like nothing happened and waited for the elevator to come down again since by time I reached it, it was already in the second floor. After less than three minutes, I reached the fifth floor and entered the dark apartment. I went immediately to my room, I changed my clothes then I drifted into sleep.

        Pushing memories of that night to the back of my mind, I could finally leave my bed and head to the bathroom to have a quick shower because I was ready to go back to college as my feet weren't hurting me anymore and I skipped a lot of classes already so I had to catch up a little bit before passing tests since failure didn't even exist in my dictionary.   

        After spending a good twenty minutes in the bathroom, I dried and straightened my hair, applied eyeliner and mascara to add some volume to my already thick eyelashes. Then I walked in my wardrobe to pick an outfit but like usual, I ended up by grabbing the first thing that came to my sight: Blue jeans, a green shirt with a beige blazer. It wasn't the most stylish outfit but at least it was comfy. 

       As for the shoes I picked brown ankle boots with zippers on the side, I put them on before I ran to my mirror to apply a beautiful brown lipstick hard and powerful. I took my keys from the nightstand and messenger brown bag, which had everything I needed for the day, and headed to the door but stopped in the kitchen on my way out to grab an apple and a bottle of water because I hadn't eaten anything that morning.  

       As I opened the door to leave, I heard footsteps behind me, I turned my head unconsciously and my eyes met Zack's intense ones. However, we only locked eyes for a brief moment before he looked past me and walked toward the door but left a feet between us. He started tapping his foot on the floor, impatiently, obviously waiting for me to move.

'Enough is enough' I thought as I glared at him, annoyingly 'I was done of what he was doing' 

"What are you doing?" I snapped at him, angrily. 

"What do you think I am doing?" He gazed at me, his face void of emotions.  

"Being mad like this" I answered, looking directly at his eyes because I knew that in that moment, he hated it as much as I did.