Chapter 33

/* Somethings occur for a reason while we try our best to prevent them from happening, then after things get messed up, nothing we try to do, will make the situation better so we stand still in the corner and make the simplest move ever, hoping to fix what was broken. But will it be helpful? */

Chapter 33:

Zack's POV:

       Everything passed like a blur, one moment Nadia was looking at me with disbelief and disappointment in her eyes, and the next instant, she hit the door vaguely and ran away, leaving me flustered and angry at Anna who decided to put her nose in things that weren't concerning her.

She would regret it...

       I froze in my spot because the idea of losing Nadia would kill and devastate me, I wouldn't handle it. However, it didn't mean that I would leave Anna get away with what she did since she did it purposely although I warned her to leave things between us.

      I never meant for anyone to know about what happened in Chicago because it was so intimate that I wanted to praise that moment in my mind forever, but things never worked the way I wanted them to work. I fought with grandpa two days ago and in a moment of anger, I blurted that Nadia was my real wife.

       It all started the day I went to sign some papers in the office, grandpa called to tell me that my father kept insisting on coming back. I knew based on the low tone he was using that he would forgive dad quicker than expected. My temper flared and our argument heated.

        At the end, grandpa said that he would tell Mr. Mathews everything because marriage wasn't a game; I told him that everything was real and that the game ended long time ago but he didn't believe, that's when I said the thing that I would hate the most in my life, I related our night in Chicago with the companies.

I didn't even think that way, I only wanted grandpa to believe that our pretending game ended and that I was really happy with Nadia because despite everything, we fell in love with each other.             

      At the end of our conversation, we came up with an agreement that no one would mention anything to Mr. Mathews since it would only put us in unnecessary problems. However, Anna, who was standing by the door, somehow heard me talking and she assumed that I was taking advantage of Nadia. 

       I spoke with Anna and told her what really happened but she seemed convinced that my marriage with Nadia was fake and she even tried to make me believe that Nadia wasn't good for me and that I needed someone better by my side. I tried to be calm and maintain my composure, but Anna's words made me angrier with every second that passed. 

Flashback: 

"Why can't you see it?" Anna questioned, putting her hand on my upper arm "Nadia will never be the one for you, she might be smart and beautiful but you two don't match" 

"And who told you that we don't match?" I retorted, taking two steps back, making her hand fall to her side. 

"I could hear it in your tone on the phone" She smirked at me, knowingly "You two used each other for your own benefits, you've got an arranged marriage with a deal" 

"Our marriage is none of your business, it might've started fake but we're perfectly happy now" I hissed at her because she was making false assumptions. 

"Happy?" She threw her back from laughter "Please Zack stop this crap, if you were really happy, you wouldn't have mentioned your night in Chicago to prove it" 

"But may I know why you're suddenly interested in my love life?" I dared her, lifting my eyebrow "As far as I know we're good friends, not even that close to put our noses in each other's lives"