Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Zack's POV:

I was currently running in my room from place to place as I heard Nadia yelling at me from outside the room to hurry. 'How could she manage to get ready in less than half an hour?' I thought to myself as I opened my watches' Drawer and picked a Rolex watch.

"I'm done" I yelled as soon as I put my jacket on and ran my hand through my hair to push it back like usual.

I grabbed my phone and went out immediately but I stopped in my track when I suddenly saw Nadia beside the door. She was sitting on a chair, her legs stretched out in front her, her hands were crossed to her chest and her eyes were focused on me, which gave me no other choice then look back at her since I couldn't figure out what her eyes were hiding.

"Finally, the princess is out" She chuckled nervously, averting her gaze to the ground "Where's your tiara?"

"It's right over here" I spoke calmly, walking toward her as she shifted uncomfortably in her seat "It's the beautiful creature standing in front of me"

Midst walking, I tried to study her face but it was void of emotions as if she was blocking everything out. I looked for any sign of feelings, anything that could help me read her but I couldn't find anything. I guess she was so good in hiding her feelings that if I didn't look in her eyes, I would have thought that she was happy.

"Yeah right" She mumbled after staring at me for a while as her cheeks were flushed red, fitting her red shirt perfectly "Come on, let's move before you fall for me" She winked at me before she stood up and was about to walk.

"What's wrong?" I demanded, standing in front of her blocking her way.

"Nothing's wrong" She shrugged off, trying her best to avoid looking at my eyes .

"Your face is emotionless and when you woke up, you looked different" I explained as my left hand unconsciously reached her cheek. She seemed shocked for few seconds, she lifted her head to regard me then she lowered it again, as if she knew I blew her cover.

"I'm fine, I... Just..." She murmured without even finishing her sentence.

"You can trust me" I affirmed her, still stroking her skin with my thumb.

As soon as the words left my mouth, she snapped her head up, disbelievingly. I couldn't blame her if she didn't believe what I said since we were just working on our friendship step by step and I just took a long leap. However, I honestly wanted to know what was bothering her since she looked drained and I hated it.

"I'm okay" She lowered her head, inhaling a deep breathe then she lifted it up with an obviously fake smile plastered on her face.

"Okay as you like" I sighed, defeated "Let's go" I stepped aside.

'Why did I want to help her so badly?' I suddenly felt a desperate need to protect her because whatever happened to her obviously affected her. I was so lost in my thought that I didn't even notice that she started walking while I told her several times that walking on her legs would damage her stitches but she was stubborn and didn't even listen to a word I was saying. But I intended to stop her immediately.

"What have I told you about walking on your feet?" I stood in front her, shaking my head disapprovingly.

"But it doesn't hurt that much" She answered, looking at me with a cute baby face which I was starting to hate since it always got me.

"But it does a little bit" I smiled at her genuinely "I'll help you till we reach the car"

"But..." She was about to protest when I shushed her immediately.