Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Zack's POV:

         I couldn't even divert my eyes from Nadia's when I was talking with her about our friendship, since for the very first time in my life, I was nervous because of a girl who I was supposed to hate. However, when I saw her squeezing the fabric of her skirt and whimpering out of pain, I was so worried that I thought of doing anything to release her pain. And that's when I realized that I cared about her and I didn't hate her anymore. 

         When I saw blood on the kitchen floor, I seriously freaked out but I didn't want to make her nervous or even show her how much she affected me but she somehow did. Therefore, I kept smirking at her and messing around like usual. 

"New beginning" She shook my hand and I could feel the tension that was building up.

"We should go" I stood up and was about to lift her up like I did earlier but she stopped me.

"You know I have legs, right?" She smirked at me but I didn't pay attention to what she was saying and just proceeded doing what I was going to do "You annoy me sometimes, you know that?" She stated when she was already in my arms.

"Who cares" I walked her to my car with a huge smile on my face because she didn't fight me back when I held her tightly.

 /*Finally feeling comfortable*/

       When I was about to open the car's door, I remembered that my keys were in my shorts' pocket and it was kind of hard on me to get them since I was holding Nadia with both of my arms therefore, I held Nadia with one hand and laid her on the car as she literally hugged me tightly, her breathe fanned my neck, and he other hand reached the car keys and opened the door.

       After opening the car's door, she loosened her grip on my neck which left me cold out of a sudden "How was it even possible that I missed her touch already?" I thought to myself as I put Nadia in the passenger's seat then strode to the driver's seat. 

         The drive back home was pretty uncomfortable and grew tension between us since I kept gripping on the steering wheel and she was looking out of the window without spelling a word; even the slow music which echoed in the car didn't prevent me from hearing her heartbeat. 

       As soon as I parked the car in the parking lot, she opened the door and started walking away, apparently trying to hide pain she was feeling by clenching her teeth together "What was her problem?" I mumbled to myself, hurrying to her side and stopping her from moving forward.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" I stood in front of her, blocking her way.

"Walking! What else?" She simpered, showing off her set white teeth.

"The doctor said..." I started speaking but she cut me off.

"I know what the doctor said, you are just taking advantage of it" She snapped at me but it only made me want to tease her more.

'Oh how much I loved to tease her!'

"I might put you on my shoulders and walk you in" I smirked at her as she just walked back and twisted her arms to her chest, raising her eyebrows at me. 

        Without hesitation after few seconds, I walked towards her and as soon as I was about to lift her, she gave up and threw her arms in her the air, defeated. I chuckled to myself, I moved even closer and lifted her in my arms. 

"See you always end up in my arms" I walked toward the lobby.

"Just shut up and walk" She retorted but I could see the hint of a smile on the corner of her lips.