Chapter 42 (Bonus)

/*Guess who's backkkkkkkkkkk?*/ 

/*Enjoy the last chapter of HAFS*/ 

/*¨Please read the note at the end*/ 

Chapter 42 (Bonus): 

Zack's POV:

       Intertwining my fingers in Nadia's, I lifted her hand to my lips in order to plant a soft kiss on her knuckles, gaining a sigh of contentment and euphoria from Nadia, who I was sure loved the gesture as much as I did.

      It had been two years and a half since Nadia gave birth to Leticia and Daniel, and it was the first time in two months that Nadia and I, had some time for ourselves, thanks to Lara and Dillon who volunteered to keep an eye on the twins for an entire day so that they would leave us to bring back our lost romance, if I may use Lara's words.

"Do you think the twins are giving them a hard time?" Nadia mumbled as she laid her head on my shoulder as we rested on the grass beside the pool.

"They're both bubbly but easy to handle" I chuckled at her then added when I remembered an incident that happened on their two years birthday "Besides they know exactly what to do, especially after what occurred on their last birthday"

"OMG" Nadia jumped up to a seating position, looking down at me "I remember how Daniel started crying just because we gave him a piece of the cake and took so long to give his sister her part"

       That day when Daniel started crying, we all looked at him confusingly because he was just fine before giving him his slice of cake. Our first assumption was that he didn't like the pastry so we took it away from him but he cried even harder and demanded to take it back. We put the dish in front of him but he pushed it away and slid it in front of his sister who smiled at him widely and started digging in with her spoon.

      As soon as Leticia swallowed what she had in her mouth, Daniel stopped crying and replaced his frown with a huge grin covering his face. Our family and friends all started laughing and clapping their hands at his gesture as Nadia peppered his face with kisses while I gave him a slice of the cake, one that he took gladly, knowing that his sister had her share as well.

      Daniel and Leticia got along perfectly. Leticia was the adventurous one, always running around the house and exploring things while Daniel would run after her to get her back. It had always been that way, especially that Daniel was extremely protective over his little sister despite the fact that he was two years and a half only.

"Nothing would happen as long as they serve Leticia first" I laughed, holding Nadia's hand and tugged on it until she was on top of me.

"I hope they both stay like this forever" She looked deeply in my eyes as her hand found their place in my hair "I hope we stay like this"

"We will, we have a beautiful family" I kissed the tip of her nose, brushing the strands of hair that fell on her forehead to expose her eyes, which were sad and distant "What's wrong?"

"I know we have talked about this countless times but..." She looked away, almost whispering the next words "We both wanted to have three kids, we can at least try, nothing will happen to me"

"I am happy with the two kids that we have" I held her face between my hands and made her look at me "Besides, I would never put your life at risk again, I wouldn't handle losing you for the sake of making a wish from the past come true"