Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Nadia's POV:

I felt suffocated when I saw Zack with that girl, he looked happy and I didn't have guts to step in and talk to him because he'd see how pathetic I looked in that situation. Therefore, after hiding and reaching my car without being seen, I headed away immediately.

Xby Counterflix

I didn't know what else to do so I drove to the apartment since I seriously needed a cold shower even though it was freezing outside; but I had to relax in order to think clearly and avoid making mistakes that would make things more complicated.

On the road, the traffic line was unbearable as the sound of cars added more tension and electricity in the air, and instead of spending forty minutes only, it took me an hour and a half to reach my destination, quite annoyed and frustrated as I only wanted to lie in my bed and stare at the roof after taking my shower.

Collen like usual, greeted with a big smile plastered on his face and asked about my day when he strode to open the door for me, I on the other hand just forced a smile and told him that it was okay then instantly pressed the button of the elevator and waited for it, tapping my foot on the floor and playing with my fingertips; the lifts' door burst open and I was was welcomed with a huge smile on a couple's faces, who were nice and introduced themselves immediately.

"Hi, I assume you are Mrs. Collins" A beautiful lady offered me her hand to shake "I'm Abby Roberts Bennett and this is my husband Ryan" She gestured at the guy standing beside her.

"Bennett?" I unconsciously spelled the name.

"Is there a problem?" Ryan chuckled.

"Nah, not at all" I smiled at them genuinely "It's just..." I paused for few seconds when I suddenly realized why 'Bennett' seemed familiar to me "Bennett is one of my relatives"

"Really?" Ryan looked surprised.

"Yeah" I stated then I remembered that I didn't introduce myself "Sorry, by the way, I'm Nadia Collins! Nadia Mathews Collins"

"Nice to meet you" They both smiled at me before excusing themselves "Well, we'll be meeting a lot in the future"

"I hope so" I waved goodbye then as soon as they were out of my sight, I entered the lifts.

Just when the elevator's doors burst open on my floor, I stepped out, I dialed the password and entered; it was dark so I turned on the lights and headed to my room after dropping my phone, keys and bag on the bed; I took off my jacket then I turned on the faucet and stepped-in after taking off my clothes.

The sound of water touching my skin, it had always had a major affect in soothing me and lifting my mood since it reminded me of the sound of rain, moreover the cold water was my escape to think through things and to find solutions to my problems although it was the main reason I had flu and punishments from grandpa all the time.

My mind kept drifting to Zack and that blonde girl, they looked cozy and he was absolutely happy to see her, I could see it in his eyes when he hugged her tightly and she did the same; she looked more beautiful than me and defiantly knew Zack even more than I did.

"Who could she be? And why did she have her luggage with her? Was she intending to stay in his house? What were they doing at that moment? Was she his Ex-girlfriend?" I had thousands of unanswered questions that were driving me crazy especially the latter and the fact that I was the one who put myself in that position, it made me feel even worse, angry and surprisingly jealous.

Thus, I knew I had to figure things out and put my ego aside so I could see my own happiness and when I realized that the only person who really mattered to me in the fight of that morning, was Zack, I was sure that I cared about him and he made me happy, therefore, I had one and only solution: I had to get him back, especially after seeing him with that girl who could be just a friend and I was just jumping on conclusions.