chapter 30

Chapter 30:

Nadia's POV:

I was waiting for Zack to start asking questions all evening but he was so patient, I guess it was due to Mrs. More's words before we left the orphanage; her words made me feel like I was responsible as well of Jake's death, and all the joy that I felt after spending the entire afternoon with the kids vanished away in a blink of an eye.

However, when I opened my eyes and found myself in front of the penthouse, I knew exactly what he was doing but still feigned confusion, I knew that he was doing his best to break all of the walls that were separating us by taking me to an important period in his life: his past, which unknown for the majority of people except few people.

Back to the moment when he gestured at the rocking chair and we started walking toward it, I was sure that his curiosity hit the ceiling by then and he was trying so hard to keep it within control until that moment, and it caused a stupid grin to cover my face, because the old Zack, would have stormed at me the moment he saw the recognition in the kids' eyes when they saw me.

"How did everyone in the orphanage know you? Because I took you there to surprise you but I ended up by being surprised" He questioned, his eyes boring into mine intensely.

"First of all, I just want to say that I was pretty confused when you told me that you were taking me to your little secret"

"Why so?" He raised his eyebrows at me, questioningly,

"Because I had no idea that you knew the orphanage" I answered, remembering how I felt when I realized where he was taking me "By the way, how did you know it?"

"My mother and I, had a tradition of visiting the children every once in a while, and after mom died, I made sure that the tradition wouldn't die with her, what about you?" He said as he reached for my hand and started stroking my skin with his thumb, sending goosebumps all of over my skin.

I bet he didn't even realize what he was doing...!!!

"In fact, the orphanage belongs to my mother but I am the one, taking charge of it" I answered him, recalling the day when mom said that she wouldn't look after it anymore "I took it as my duty the kids because I knew how it feels to lose a parent and abandoned by one" I added the last part, sadly, referring to my mother.

"I do it for the same reason; I personally know the feeling of living in a happy feeling but they don't, it's like a big part of their life is a white page, they want to fill it so badly but they have no pen to write the so nonexistent memories" He murmured, tensed a little bit because I could tell that he was catching his breathe from his chest's movement.

"Damn, it's like you were reading my mind" I chuckled, making him release the breathe he was holding "From now on, we'll go together, the kids were so happy to see us together"

"The kids were absolutely in love with you" He pulled me closer, as if it was even possible, and kissed the top of my head "I confirmed something"

"What?" I asked him, feeling butterflies erupting my stomach.

"I confirmed that as long as I am with you, I would fall in love with you for as many as times as I can't even count" He confessed, trailing soft kisses from my cheek, forehead and even my hair "You know how?"

"How?" I mumbled, barely concentrating in his words since his movements were hooding my vision and everything else besides him.

"Everything about you is captivating me, your smile, your laugh, your snores, the way you treat people equally, how you managed to break through my walls" He spoke calmly, bringing his hands to my waist, turning me so that I was facing him "You haven't just made me feel things I have never before, but you made me see life in a new angle, and I can't even find ways to thank you for that"