Chapter Thirteen

Karlie's P.O.V

Turning around to the noise I'm a little taken back to see a woman that I've never seen before but before I can speak Josh's dad stands up in the front row and stares daggers towards the front of the room where I am standing. I'm a little confused as to why he is staring at me but it soon becomes obvious as he turns away from me slightly. "I told you to get rid of her Josh." My head whips around so fast that I hope I don't get a kink. "What is he talking about?" I question as Josh looks at me, his eyes wide in fear and looking nervous. "He uhm...she is..." I watch him trip over his words over and over again but I stand there patiently. "She is what Josh?" I turn around and look at his father. "Charles..." I plead as he looks at me with empathy in his eyes,
"Karlie," he states but I look at him and watch him sigh. "Okay in private then." I nod and turn to Josh, "don't you even think about moving." I watch him gulp and he nods turning to his brother Jared and Jackson. Jared looks shocked but Jackson looks indifferent. Walking to a room off the side of the banquet room we were in I wait for Charles to talk. "Karlie, I don't know how to say this..."
"Just say it." I demand as I watch him. He looks nervous for his son.
"The woman is Serena, she was Josh's assistant before he met you. They were mutual friends through Jackson and I suspect they were at Harvard together. Not long after she became his secretary they began an affair despite her being in a relationship. I had just gotten out of prison when I saw that they were still together despite her being with someone else. A few months ago she came to me at our family home and said she was suing Josh because they had been together for more than three years and were now over. I laughed at her and told her it was impossible but she assured me it wasn't and she told me about how the last time they were together you came to L.A and he faked being sick so you wouldn't see her in the bedroom, your bedroom." My head is spinning at this stage as I remember the night that I arrived and Josh was sick, he claimed to have a stomach bug and I was over emotional from Lily's party so I didn't really question it because we were together, had been for ages. I thought he was keeping me healthy. "So why is she here then?" I question. Charles looks at me, "I really don't know. But if she is, it's probably not good."
"Tell Josh to come here and her to come too."
"But Karlie..."
"I don't care but I want him and her here now." He nods and five minutes later he comes back with them in tow. Josh attempts to move towards me but I take a step backwards, he sighs but stays where he is. Serena comes right up and stands next to us as Charles leaves to go back inside to the guests. I turn to Serena, "why are you here?" I question and she looks at me then at Josh. "Don't look at him, look at me." I state making her eyes open in fear.
"I uhm, I'm here because I had to tell Josh something before he got married, but the traffic was bad and yeah..." she trails off as I look at her.
"Well, do it now then." I state as Josh looks at me.
"What are you thinking?" He questions as Serena looks at him.
"I'm thinking that a woman just turned up at our wedding, on our special day and your father informs me that you have slept with her in the past so excuse me if I want to know why she is here." I state looking at Josh who suddenly looks uncomfortable. He nods and we both wait. "Okay, so it's true that we have been and continue to sleep together..." 'Ouch that one hurt' I thought as I focused in again. "But the last time was two weeks ago because I've been gone. I got back a few days ago and called Josh but he told me it was over and I warned him that he would be back and now well, I'm pregnant Josh." I turn and watch Josh's face hinting at surprise or outrage because it couldn't be true. "You're a fucking liar." He states as he stares her down. I watch Serena sigh but pull out a piece of paper and a picture. "Here's the ultrasound I went yesterday and the paper is the doctor who estimates that I'm almost seven weeks." My throat constricts as I stare at the paper and Josh looks at it before looking at me. "It's not mine Karlie, I swear it's not." I look at him and notice how nervous Serena suddenly looks making me unsure as to how to do this. "Will the doctor do a DNA?" I question looking at Serena who nods. "Yes, I go to the same place as Josh." I nod and look at Josh who looks angry now. "Make an appointment for later this afternoon. Say 5.00pm and we will be there. How long until results come in?" I question once more. 
"Quickly they just run the DNA and within a few hours." I nod once more and tell her we will meet her there at 4.55pm. She nods and leaves. I turn to Josh who looks at me. "It's not fucking mine. I can't believe you believe her!" He states getting angry. "I don't believe her, but we have to be sure. Is there a chance it's yours?" I question as Josh stops groaning and thinks. "Tell me the truth." I state as he looks at me and nods. I take it to mean that yes it's possible so I say. "We're not getting married until this is proven yes or no." Josh goes to argue but stops mid-way and nods. "If that's what you want, but it's not mine and you're making a mistake." I shrug. "Either way I want the truth." He nods and we walk back inside and see that only our families are still here, plus Jackson. I look around for my friends but I don't see them at all, walking to my family my mom attempts to give me a huge hug but I hug my dad instead. He whispers in my ear, "everything okay?" I shrug not really knowing and then my mom launches herself at me and I accept the hug.