Chapter Twenty

Taylor's P.O.V

The day of the show has dawned bright and as I wake I'm aware of small giggles behind me on the bed. Rolling over I see Aubree and Karlie lying face to face and smiling at each other. Every time Karlie makes a new face at Aubree it dissolves her into giggles. I fight my own giggle when Karlie leans up and pokes out her tongue as Aubree reaches out and grabs onto it which shocks Karlie and makes me laugh. Aubree turns to see me and reaches out towards me saying, "mama..." I smile and take her into my arms as she collapses onto my chest and Karlie too comes over placing kisses on my cheek, "hey there cutie." She states as I kiss her lips.
"Hey baby, ready for today?" I watch Karlie nod slightly but I know that it's forced.
"Sure, when does little miss get her presents?" I look down and see Aubree has fallen back asleep and I decide to let her sleep and get her presents later after the show. Deciding to order breakfast and let Aubree sleep we tuck her into bed and make out way out to the kitchen where we grab a menu and order some pancakes, eggs, waffles and toast. Karlie also orders fruit at the last minute for Aubree.

We leave for the fashion show at 8.00am to ensure that Karlie is able to get ready in time. I'd already talked to Tree about how I would care for Aubree while singing but Tree agrees to sit backstage with her near Ed and wait until I've done my songs. The first song I'm doing is Blank Space as part of the Dream Girls segment. I know that Karlie is wearing some special angel wings and will be parading in her underwear which sounds amazing to me but I know that in public I have to pretend like I'm observing my friend, one of my best friends doing her job. I know that it's going to be hard but I've already been warned by Tree that I have my image to protect with a new album out. I decided that because I had no idea what Karlie was wearing that I too would remain conspicuous and give her a shock. I knew that it was extremely sexy, but I had no idea what it truly was. So when I walked into my dressing room and set Aubree down I was shocked to see someone waiting for me. "Miss Swift, we have your outfit ready. Your due onstage in twenty minutes." I nod and see Aubree sitting down on the ground so I hand her a few toys to play with and wait for Tree to arrive less than five minutes later so she could watch Aubree as I got ready. "Okay, that's perfect right there." I'm told as I finish tying the robe to secure the outfit. I look in the mirror and notice how perky everything seems, my breasts are squeezed together and I have a massive cleavage. "It's a bit much isn't it?" Tree comments as I look at myself and smile. "It's perfect." I state as the helper smiles and offers a silver teardrop necklace. "Here, to finish it off." I nod and take it, thanking her and then turning to Aubree who is watching me and pointing. "Aubree baby..." I state and she grins.
"Mama," I stand and watch as she tries to stand by herself before falling but getting up and trying again. "Man who does that remind you of?" a voice calls from behind me. I turn and see a head of ginger hair. "Ed." I state leaning over for a hug as he laughs in my ear and Tree shuts the door to prevent Aubree crawling off. "How are you?" He questions with his heavy British accent hanging in my ear. "I'm good. Aubree's speaking a little and trying to walk alone but not yet." He nods and turns to look at Aubree playing with Tree, so he goes over and crouches down next to Aubree. "Hi miss Aubree." He states as she looks at him and then back at her toy cat before I spot her eyes filling with tears. 'Oh no.' I think as I watch her look around for me before crying out. "Mama..." I go to walk over but a knock on the door states two minutes. "I can't Tree, take her?" I question as I'm forced out the door and the last thing I hear is Aubree calling mama and sobbing. I feel awful but I know that I have to perform.

The minute the beat hits I'm focused and I know that in less than four minutes I'll be back with Aubree and comforting her. I watch as all the angels walk past me and then as if the crowd knows my secret I feel the crowd just hype up and I know instantly that Karlie has arrived. Cameras focus on me wanting to catch any Kaylor moments that may occur. I can smell Karlie's perfume but also the shower gel from the hotel room lingers around me. With a quick kiss to the audience Karlie is on her way backstage passing me with a wink and me fighting not to blush insanely and allow papers and magazines to get a nasty story and extort it for money. The minute that the song ends I disappear off the front of the stage and wave to everyone before being ushered backstage and tearing past Karlie to a distraught Tree holding a sobbing, distraught Aubree in her arms. Seeing me I see Tree take a large gulp of air and hand her off to me. The minute that Aubree is placed in my arms I feel her relax and cuddle in, recognizing my perfume and as I start to rock her from side to side she gradually falls asleep and within ten minutes she is out. I walk back into the dressing room and lie Aubree in the travelling crib I made sure Tree had brought in for us. Tree thought we wouldn't need it but I knew that Aubree needed at least one nap and as I lay her down Tree said, "maybe we did need the crib after all." I nod and look at her.
"Of course we did." A quick change and I'm out waiting for my next cue and as I wait a staff member comes up with Karlie. "You two are going to walk out holding hands..." I look at Karlie who nods as the member goes on to explain how I will essentially present Karlie by walking a little bit with her before letting her go and presenting her. The song 'Style' took on a darker shade as all the models wore black and I was even in black too. It was fun but I was glad when the last few notes sounded and I was able to disappear backstage and change into a dress so I could take Aubree back to the hotel.