Chapter Fifteen

Dedicated to Catchingswift because she is always supporting me through comments and votes. Her positive nature and always wanting to know what I'm up to makes her the perfect person to dedicate this chapter to. You're amazing and have been so supportive through all of my 'Kaylor' books and one-shots. Your the best. Love you!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Fifteen:

Taylor's P.O.V

Seeing Karlie standing at the foot of my drive way sent butterflies flying around my body, for some reason this woman could make me feel so many different emotions at the same time. When I arrived at her wedding today I was angry, angry that she would leave me behind and most importantly leave my daughter behind, then I was confused because she came and spoke to me, taking Aubree into her arms and cradling her like she was the most important thing in the world to her and finally joy, joy of seeing her outside my house like I wished for all those months ago. "Stop the car." I state as Tom turns to me, "you sure?" he questions as I feel a large smile spread across my face as I looked back at him nodding. "Yeah I'm sure. Can you park the car inside though?" He nods and I know that he will leave it running while he sits in it, so Aubree stays warm. I slide from the car in the most graceful way that I can without falling over, I wait as the car drives on before walking towards Karlie who has turned and is now facing me. "Karlie." I state as she stares at me and then moves closer. "Taylor." She whispers back before looking down at the ground. I watch her closely for signs of tears or any sadness but find nothing so I stand in silence drinking her in, the way she dresses, does her hair and the way her perfume moves towards me in the slight breeze that surrounds us. "What brings you here?" I question gesturing for her to follow me through the gate so that at least paparazzi won't be able to snap pictures of us. "I, uhm don't actually know." I turn to face her, "I was on my way to the airport intent on going home to New York but something held me back." I turn away from her and sit down on the door step of my house. "Oh, what was that?" I question thinking that Josh had stopped her. "You." She deadpans sitting next to me. I gasp in shock and turn to look at her. "Me?" I question as she nods. "Yeah, for some reason that conversation that we had today at the wedding made me stop and think of you, I couldn't believe that after everything you've been through with me you still allowed me to hold your daughter, talk to you and treat you as if everything was okay and nothing had happened and I couldn't allow you to think that I just feel like I shouldn't have to fight to be your friend, so I guess that's why I'm here." I breathe in and out, taking in everything that she's said and when I turn to look at her I find that I'm unable to be mad at her, she is sitting so honest. Telling me that she knows that she fucked up but that she wants to do something about it, otherwise she would have flown home. "You don't have to fight to be my friend Karlie, but it's going to take time." I state hoping it doesn't come across as being cold or that I don't want her friendship. "I completely understand." She states standing and mentally I panic as she does this. "Where are you headed?" I question standing up too.  "Here, there, everywhere I guess. I want to travel for a bit. Let things settle down." I look down at the ground. "Oh, is Josh okay with that? I thought he'd want to get married straight away." I hear Karlie huff and as I look at her I see the starting of tears in her eyes, her beautiful vibrant green eyes that calm me no matter what. "What is it?" I question moving towards her but she steps backwards. "It's okay, it's nothing. You shouldn't be burdened with this. It's not your job." Making me reel back, it may not be my job as her best friend to be there but as someone who knows her it's my responsibility to make sure she is okay. "I know it's not my job, but it's my responsibility to make sure you're okay, and you're not okay Karlie." I state as she snorts and I catch the tears breaking through. Turning to Tom in the vehicle I say, "look Aubree will be up soon for a bottle before bed. Why don't you come in and have a cup of tea with me, see Aubree and then decide you're next move." She stares at me. "Are you sure?" I nod and tell her to wait while I get Aubree who is still sound asleep. "I've got it Tom, you head home and lock up as you leave." He nods and waits for me to have Aubree safely inside before leaving, Karlie follows us in, closing the door behind herself as I rest the car seat on the coffee table near the couch and lie the baby bag down before disappearing into the kitchen.