Chapter Fifty Five - Epilogue

Two Years Later...

The next two years of living in Nashville are absolutely insane for Karlie and Taylor as they welcome not one but two babies. It had been an absolute shock to both women when Taylor went into labour with what the sonographer had told then was a large baby girl but the moment that Taylor gave birth to a rather tiny baby boy they both wept in joy. "Excuse me ladies, but we've still got another one here..." the doctor stated making both women look up from the small new addition and as Karlie takes baby number one Taylor screeches in pain. A nurse takes the baby as Taylor bears down and pushes once more and after ten successful pushes another cry emerges to match his big brother. Two baby boys. Both only weighing over two kilograms each. "Taylor, look at them. Aren't they precious?" Karlie questions looking down at the twins as they sleep in the plastic hospital provided cribs. "Indeed." Taylor states tiredly from the bed and as Karlie makes her way over, within an hour they have names. Christopher Matthew Swift-Kloss born at 8.23pm and his brother Gregory Alexander Swift-Kloss born at 8.35pm, and as Taylor relaxes later that night after Aubree and Noah have been to see the twins her and Karlie laugh about the turn of events. "Still pleased we live in Nashville?" Karlie teases as Taylor nods. "Totally, best thing we ever did was move away from L.A...."
"You're just saying that because we are now true country people with a house and a farm to boot." Taylor grins at her wife of nearly five years. "That's true but I'm just pleased I we finally have what we thought was one baby, and was actually two blessings." Karlie nods and agrees with her wife thinking back to that day in New York when they did get more than they bargained for with a surprise on the day. Twin boys to complete their family, for now anyway.

Ten Years Later...

It's hard to believe that the twins are now ten years old and Aubree is now sixteen. She got her permit on her birthday the same and Noah did when he turned sixteen. Noah finished Florida University with the chance to swim in the Olympic trials but gave up the option after a family holiday to Europe to celebrate Noah's graduation. On the trip he met Frankie, a half Italian and half English woman who caught his eye the moment he saw her. In fact once he convinced her to go on a date with him he ended up spending the next two weeks travelling around Rome with her as Taylor and Karlie took Aubree and the twins to London to visit with Cara and Ed. When Noah was forced to return to America he kept in contact with Frankie and six months later when she accepted a position as the Hotel Manager of the Hilton Hotel in New York she moved to New York and Noah took his chance. They moved in together and now ten years later Noah is coaching at NYU while Frankie is now a stay at home mom to their three year old son, Marcus and growing their new baby who Frankie is seven months pregnant with.

Karlie and Taylor visit as often as they can but with Aubree and the twins at home things can get hectic. Karlie works flat out in the family café where she bakes all the freshly baked goods that are on display at the café. It's always a joy for Nashville residents to enter Klossy Kafe and see Karlie working behind the till. Taylor takes care of the twins before and after school but during the day while the kids are at school, Taylor is also at the local university studying towards a degree in accounting and management which she loves and as part of her requirements for her degree she works in the café, helping Karlie out with the books so they don't have to get an accountant. Every now and then their family accountant Jim Green looks at the café books as well as their personal but for the last four checks Taylor has been right on with her calculations so he only laughs now when Taylor asks him to help her. Taylor and Karlie find it hard to believe that by the time that Christopher and Gregory are finished high school they will be into their forties. It's exciting for them but at the same time it's crazy to believe that their family became bigger by a chance they first took in New York, then through a series of heartbreaks the family had to struggle to stay together. Now almost twelve years later both women are blessed with the most amazing four kids that they've ever known and sure they are biased because it's their own kids but now that their kids are beginning to grow up and with Noah already finished high school and college and now in his dream job of teaching a sport he loved for so long it's hard to believe it's only been twelve years since he first started college. Now with the birth of their first grandchild and soon to be second born grandchild it's only too clear how much New York changed their lives.

From Taylor adopting Aubree when she needed a change of pace, to both women falling in love in New York but being afraid to tell each other, to the appointment in which Alannah was conceived and despite her passing they managed to hold on and stay strong and then almost twelve years ago with the conception of the twins in New York it's clear that New York is their place. Their special place and as Taylor and Karlie spend time on their Nashville farm it's their dream and hope that all of their children can find that one place that's special to them, it may not be where they end up but it's for sure the place they feel the safes and most special. That one place that they don't make any plans, but rather let the place surprise them, that's always going to be the best surprise of all.

The End.