Chapter Seventeen

December 2014

Taylor's P.O.V:

It's been about two weeks since I was last in New York and now finally I'm back, but only for a few days. Grabbing my handbag and taking a piece of gum from my mouth I prepare for another interview. It's been like this since my new album 1989 came out in October. The last month has been amazing and I've been able to catch up with so many different people but I'm starting to grow tired of it. Tree assures me that this is the last one until just before the tour kick-starts next year which I'm pleased about. Walking into the building where the filming of Live! With Kelly and Michael is being filmed I observe the people around me and then sigh. "Cheer up, this is the last one." Tree reminds me as she falls into step next to me. I nod, "I know but I'd rather be at home preparing for London." She nods obviously aware that she too has to pack for London in a few days' time. "Well that will be fun, seeing everyone again." Tree states as I nod.
"Yeah I'm even planning on seeing Cara." Tree nods knowing how much my friends mean to me no matter where they are in the world. "Will you try and mend things with Ellie while you're over there?" She questions as I stop and look at her. "Are you serious right now?" I question looking at her in shock as she looks instantly remorseful but I really don't care. "Taylor...that's not what I meant and you know it. Please I'm sorry." She states as I continue walking and turn it into a stride which is easy with my long legs, compared to hers. "I get it; it's always my fault, right?" I question as I reach the dressing room and pause in the doorway making her pause. "That's not true..." she tries to say but I'm really angry so I shut her down. "Look, I'm mad right now Tree, so go and do your job would you." I state making her open her mouth in shock at me. But she knows that I'm mad because of what she said.

I know that I have roughly an hour before I need to be onset and to be honest, being here is honestly the last place that I want to be right now. But I don't think that I have the right to complain considering how many copies of my album have been sold and more to come as predicted by management with Christmas coming closer and closer, but to be honest I just want to be home with Aubree. She's been walking with aid lately and every day that I spend away from her I'm afraid that I will miss her first steps and then it will be one more thing I've missed. I almost missed her first word just before the video and first single came out but thankfully my flight was delayed and her first word was bye which she now accompanies with a wave and I've been teaching her how to say mommy. I think she's having a hard time with it, so instead last time I face-timed Karlie the two of us sat and came up with different words that I could use for Aubree to get her speaking, we eventually came up with Kar-Kar, bub, nan and no. But to be honest I think that Karlie is most excited about her learning how to say Kar-Kar which I am happy with, because it might make Karlie a little happier. True to her words that night she turned up at my house in L.A Karlie has been travelling the world, never in the same place for too long and wishfully hoping that the debacle that was her relationship with Josh would fade into the background, but unfortunately until a new story hits the press, she will be front page or in it. Pulling out my phone I call Lena, who is looking after Aubree for me again today, I swear that Lena will be a great mother in the future, she is so quirky and smart that her children will be so creative. Plus add Jack to the mixture and you've got a perfect creative child that will happen one day. Texting to make sure Aubree is okay, I receive a picture of Aubree huddled with Lena's brand new kitten she got over thanksgiving.