Chapter Forty Three

Noah's P.O.V

Nashville quickly disappeared below us as we took off in mum's jet. Aubree was whining and crying and I couldn't really blame her. It's lunchtime on Christmas Day and Aubree's been grouchy ever since her birthday on the 9th of December then mom had hers and we've just spent Christmas Eve with nana and grandad and we're currently heading to St. Louis to see grandma and grandpa. I think we are staying for a few days but then we're going out to L.A to have a look at this house that both mom which is what I've decided to call Taylor and mama is Karlie because Aubree calls Karlie mama too and Taylor is now mommy at a push but definitely mom have been obsessed with for the last month. It's been hard to get out of Nashville because I've been finishing off freshman year with the help of a tutor and Aubree got sick just before her birthday so we had a quiet party at home and mom decided that she was only turning two so it wasn't a big deal. Most of their friends were busy and only our grandparents came. It was the same for mom's birthday and mama took her out so Aubree and I stayed at nana and grandad's for the night and Austin stayed too so I got to hang out with Austin more. We tossed a football around and shot hoops and he declared me to be his favourite nephew to which I commented that I was his only nephew. He just laughed and to get revenge I schooled him in a pickup game to which all he could state afterwards was that I was definitely Karlie's kid in terms of fitness. Obviously he's gone up against Karlie a time or two and lost. I heard nana say something about a plank contest with Karlie before Austin made her stop, she promised to tell me later but I forgot to ask so instead now I turn to mama who has handed Aubree off to mom and she's now singing to Aubree. "Mama, I need to ask you something." I state and mama smiles at me when she faces me before standing up and moving towards me. "Sure what is it?" I look at my shoes before glancing at her. "Did you school Uncle Austin in a planking contest once?" Mama laughs and mom tells her to shush but she does nod at me and I laugh too. "Why?" she questions.
"I beat him in a pickup game and nana said it was like the planking contest with you. She promised to tell me more but never did so I needed to ask." I watch mama nod and smirk and then we change topic to the new house which I've seen on the computer heaps. "Are you excited for L.A?"
"I'm excited to see the beach." I state in all honesty making mom look at me.
"Haven't you ever..." I shake my head.
"Nope, never seen the beach in my life." Mama puts her arms around me and hugs me since mom can't because of Aubree and mom states. "Well we better change that this time then. We're only gonna be about ten minutes from the beach if we get this house." I nod and look out the window as mom and mama turn and talk to each other, I pull out my iPod and turn it onto 5 Seconds of Summer and listen to 'She Looks So Perfect' within minutes I must fall asleep because the next thing I'm aware of mom is shaking me and I notice we've landed.

The car ride to grandma and grandpa's is a quick one and once we arrive mama states, "home sweet home." I roll my eyes making mom glare at me and I quickly say sorry. I know that they don't appreciate the attitude and sometimes that street kid attitude that I used to have slips in and I know it doesn't belong in my life. I've been trying really hard. "Well if this is home, why don't we move here?" I question lifting the duffle bag with my clothing in it onto my shoulder and grabbing the suitcase that has Aubree and mom's stuff in it while mama grabs her bag. "Well we'd love to live here but it's too far from everything. At least in L.A your mom can still record, I can shoot photoshoots or whatever and we decided that if it had to be a city we would rather it be L.A."
"But New York is mom's special place. It's where she found Aubree." Mama nods and looks at mom who is walking ahead with Aubree and tickling her making Aubree cry out, "mommy...swop..." it's so cute her little voice now. "Listen Noah," mama states stopping me. I look at her and focus on her green eyes. "Your sister will always be mom's New York surprise but St. Louis is a surprise spot too," I blush and she grins. "Blush now but this is where we found you." I nod and after a few grumbles we make it inside and I'm instantly pulled into grandma's arms. "I've missed you Noah." She states as grandpa comes in and shakes my hand before pulling me in for a manly hug, we pull back and grandma looks at grandpa and laughs. Grandpa quickly states, "what Kloss's hug." I open my mouth but he beats me to it. "Swift-Kloss's hug too mate. Go settle in." I nod and head off with all the bags while Aubree tootles around being cute. By the end of the night I've got a haul of presents from today and I'm very thankful to have received them all. I don't take anything for granted and I don't expect anything. I'm just glad that I now have a family that I can call my own, who love me for who I am and accept me despite what I'm not.