Chapter 11

Logan had taken me new dress shopping because he said he, Jake, Chance, Anthony and I were going out to dinner for my birthday. I ended up choosing a short deep red dress with a beautiful lace pattern at the bottom.

"You ready?" Logan said as we pulled up to our apartment.

"For the Scavenger hunt or everyone else's surprises?"

"Both!"

"Yea, I guess."

"Okay. Well go up to the apartment. You're first clue awaits." I smile at Logan then hop out of the car. I walk into the lobby and my hunt begins. There was a note stuck to the front of the front desk.

Congratz, you have started your journey, but don't think that this'll be easy. The boys and I have made rhymes and riddles and clues for you. Along the way you will find gifts, but don't open them! Those are for later. Along the way you'll also have a guide to help. She'll be there for resources and easier transportation. Who is she? One of your closest friends since you've moved here, Tessa Brooks! Don't even bother asking her what your presents are because even she doesn't know.

Now enough with the introduction. Here's your riddle to start off your journey.

The place where we first saw your beautiful smile, you should find a pile
Maybe not a small stack, but it'll be quite the snack
There you'll find your next clue to this birthday surprise just for you!
-Jack Avery

Our apartment, is where they first saw me smile. We were on the balcony after I had scared the guys. I run to the elevator and impatiently wait for it to reach my floor. After unlocking the door I see a small gift wrapped on the counter beside a stack of cookies. There was a note beside them.

Check the balcony

I do so and find another present a little bigger and another note. This one was longer than the other.

So you've found your way to the balcony isn't that nice
Now the next place you need to go is as cold as ice
But first you need to find your guide to show you where to go
To do that just turn and face her bro
-Daniel CV

I turn around with a big smile to see Tessa leaning on the patio door frame eating a cookie.

"Tessa!" I run up to Tessa and give her a hug.

"Hey Mackenzie. Are you ready to go to a place as cold as ice?"

"I guess. . .but where's a place as cold as Ice?" I pause and think for a minute "The rink?" Tessa shook her head "Ah! The Ice Cream Parlor. We went there together the other day." Tessa smiles and we head out. Instead of Tessa driving around we just took an Uber.

We get there and go to the front counter. The cashier looks at me closely and smiles.

"Mackenzie Paul?"

"That's me!" She makes something and hands it to me. She sees Tessa and makes her the same one. I go to pay and she stops me.

"The boys already paid for it. They told me to give you this." She hands me another note. " Happy Birthday Mackenzie."

"Thank you!" Tessa and I leave eating our ice cream. The boys had gotten me my favorite, Vanilla with caramel and Twix.

Tessa and I get outside and find a table to sit at so I could read the next clue.

Now that you've found your frozen treat its time to take a quick seat
Take the time to enjoy something so sweet, and later we can meet
We've paid for you ice cream so you're in luck
Head down the street to a place for bucks
Maybe you'll find some stars as well
-Corbyn Besson