Chapter 44

Daniel

She needs to remember...

If she can remember Brendan then she can remember me. At least I hope...

Mackenzie hops down the stairs with a wide smile on her face. She's so beautiful. I don't think I'll ever stop loving her...

Mackenzie hugs Logan and Brendan before heading over to me

Mackenzie hugs Logan and Brendan before heading over to me. I grab her hand and she smiles widely as she intertwines her finger with me. 

"We'll be back soon Logan."

"Okay. Daniel, make sure Mackenzie doesn't get hurt!"

"I will don't worry." Mackenzie and I head outside as the Uber pulls up.

"What's this?" Mackenzie asks.

"Uber. It's like a taxi service."

"Oh cool. Where are we going?"

"That's a surprise." Mackenzie smiles at me as I open her door and she hops in. I go around to my side and hop in the car. I give the driver a sheet of paper and she reads it before driving off. Mackenzie scoots close to me and lays her head on my shoulder. I wrap and arm around her shoulder and smile.

This is what it should've been. It should've been like this. Mackenzie and I together. Happy. Now she barely remembers me, but yet she seems to be so fond of me... Was she always like this? Did she just not tell me... 

"Because...Because I love you Daniel! I Fucking Love You!"

Oh right... she did. I should've known... I should've told her when she came over to our house. I should've told her then. Then she would remember me. But maybe its better she doesn't. I've done stupid things I don't want her to remember.

"Are you okay Daniel?" I'm knocked out of my trance by Mackenzie's sweet voice

"Huh?"

"You were mumbling stuff. Are you okay?"

"Y-yea, I'm great, just thinking..."

"Okay, you can talk to me if you want."

"Thanks, but I'm fine Kenz."

"Okay..."

Mackenzie and I sit in silence for the rest of the ride. Once we get there Mackenzie's eyes light up.

"Omg! I love these things! My dad made one for me adn my brothers and we would ride around on the road and have races." Mackenzie hops out adn runs to the door. She eagerly waits on me to get there before grabbing my hand and pulling me to the counter where we needed to sign in.

"You are very excited for this aren't you?" Makenzie nods quickly. I laugh and smile "The boys will be here in maybe fifteen minutes okay?"

"Aw, I thought it would just be the two of us."