Chapter 38

I get downstairs and see Brendan and Logan talking in the kitchen. I smile at Brendan and Logan turns around.

"Hey sis, where you going?" Logan says looking at my outfit.

"I'm going to the Santa Monica Beach. Daniel wanted to talk."

"Why couldn't he come here?" Brendan asks clearly upset.

"I think he just wanted to be away from all the chaos."

"Okay. Tell him I said hey." 

"Okay. I'll be back here around nine or ten. Can I borrow your car Logey?"

"Which one?"

"Uh, the challenger."

"Yea sure. Drive safe."

"I will. Later Logey, bye Brendan."

"Bye Kenz." They say in unison before laughing. I chuckle before heading out. I crank up Logan's car and head out. I turn the music up and grip the wheel as I sing along with Nick Jonas. 

After about fifteen minutes I get to the beach. I start to walk to the light tower where Daniel wanted to meet. I see a flash of a camera and a tall figure. I start to walk over and notice Daniel and a fan with their mom. She looked about fifteen and my height.

"Omg! I can't believe I met you! What are you dong here anyways? Where are the rest of the boys?"

"Oh they're back at the house. I came here to meet someone."

"Is it her?" Daniel turns around to see me in the distance. I wave and he smiles.

"It is actually." I get closer and the fan's smile grows wider.

"OMG. MACKENZIE. PAUL. This is literally the best day of my life. Can I get picture with you?"

"Of course!" The girl poses with me and her mom takes a picture.

"Are you and Daniel dating?" I smile, but shake my head.

"No, Daniel has other interests right now." I lean into her ear so Daniel wouldn't hear "But I am working on it." She smiles and laughs. I give her a quick hug before she and her mom head off.

"Surprised you came." Daniel says as we begin to walk.

"Why?" I ask looking over at him. I place my hands in my pocket as the wind begins to blow.

"I just thought you'd be too mad at me."

"Oh I am mad at you. But you made an effort to talk to me, so I want to hear what you have to say."

"Well, first off, I want to say sorry for getting angry at you."

"You don't have to apologize Daniel. I overreacted and you guys didn't know what to think."

"But I should've asked what was up instead of kicking you out. So...what happened between you and Stephanie?" I take a deep breath before beginning my beautiful, yet tragic story. 

(This is her telling Daniel the story.)

Stephanie and I were bestfriends back in Ohio. We had been best friends ever since we were thirteen when we met in seventh grade. Stephanie had just moved and we just clicked. We were partners for a project in class so I got to talk to her and get to know her.