Chapter 41

3 days later

Mackenzie

Oh yay, another day in my literal own personal prison. All my family came to see me, but also some other people I didn't know. One boy said his name is Corbyn. He said we were best friends. He told me about different things we did together but I don't remember any of it.

Then two girls came in. They said their names were Tessa and Amber. They told me we were friends too. They seem nice but I didn't know them.

Then lastly a boy. I had before but he was different than what I expected. His name was Daniel Seavey. He was sweet caring and funny. I don't know how but I liked him. I liked his personality and his laugh was the cutest thing I've ever heard.

I like to being visited by all these people. Even if I didn't know who they were I like being with someone. I hated being alone. It was almost time for Daniel to come. You came every day at the same time. I heard the door open and close, I smile.

"Hey Kenzi..." I hear him say. I want to say hi back, but I can't. "I hope you're doing okay, even though you're in a coma..." He sighs. "Not the best way to start a one way conversation." It was silent for a second "I broke it off with Steph..." Daniel says suddenly. "I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want to hurt your feelings. Well, I guess it wouldn't because you hated her anyways..." Stephanie? Who is he talking about? "All the guys miss you. Logan and Jake miss you a lot. So does Kade. They're worried about you so much. Your dad said he was flying in soon. He also wanted to say sorry for not coming sooner."  haven't seen my dad in months. Well, I guess I still won't be able to see him. I laugh to myself. I feel a sudden buzzing on my leg. Daniel moves it and I hear him stand up. "Hey J, what 'cha need?" "I'm with Mackenzie where do you think I am?" "Really? Right now? Are you sure?" "I don't want to leave Mackenzie." "Agh, fine. I should be there in thirty." Daniel sighs heavily. "I have to go Mackenzie." No! Daniel don't leave. I don't want to be here by myself. Please! Please...

Daniel

"Please..." I faintly hear. My heart lifts and for the first time in a while I felt happy.

"Mackenzie? M-Mackenzie!" I run back over to Mackenzie and lean over her with my hands on the edge of her bed. "I heard you Mackenzie. Please. Say it again. I'm begging you, Mackenzie. Please..." I plead.

"Stay..." She says. She opens her eyes adn I see the beautiful blue that I've been missing. She gave a small smile as she looked at me. A wave of energy crashed over my body.

"Oh my god." I say as I engulf Mackenzie in a hug making sure not to hurt her. My tears begin to fall and I start crying. I missed Mackenzie's touch, I missed hearing her voice, I missed her smile, I missed her. "I am so so so sorry. For everything, Mackenzie. I did not mean for any of this to happen." I say sniffling.

"What...do you...mean?" She asks slowly.

"You don't remember what happened a week ago?"

"I was in Ohio a week ago. . ." My happiness was drained. She...she doesn't remember me...she doesn't remember L.A she doesn't know anything since before she got here... I feel a tear leave my eye.

"W-What?" I stutter over my words.

"I was in Ohio a week ago. Come to think of it...why am I in a hospital?" A nurse walks in and smiles.. "You're awake!" Mackenzie nods slowly "Well, we need to run a few tests to see if anything has happened. I'll wait until you two finish though."

"Oh I was about to leave. Late for work..." I say feeling my heart slowly tear into a million pieces. I look at Mackenzie and it hurts.

"Okay, you can return in about 2 to 3 hours."

"Okay, thank you." The nurse smiles at me and I walk out the door without looking back. I knew if I did I'd break down in tears.

Once I get outside I call Logan and tell him everything.