Chapter 50

Mackenzie

The boys and I were swimming and messing around in the pool. I wasn't the best swimmer so Corbyn was holding me by my waist. "Just kick your legs slowly and move your arms to keep you over the surface." I do so, but panic and sink. Corbyn pulls me up and wraps his arms around my waist pulling me close to his chest.

"I'm just not a swimmer Corb." Corbyn smiles at me and kisses my forehead.

"It's fine, c'mon." Corbyn places his hands on my thighs and I wrap them around his waist. He swims me over to the edge of the pool and sits me on the edge in between Zach and Jack.

"Swimming not your thing?" Zach asks laughing.

"Yea..." I say laying my head on Zach's shoulder. He leans back causing us both to fall back on the grass. "Hey, you wanna go to the mall?"

"Yea, sure. Wanna bring the rest of the guys?"

"Nope. Just me and you."

~ Time Skip ~

I finish getting dressed and head downstairs to wait for Zach

I finish getting dressed and head downstairs to wait for Zach. "What's taking him so long?" I mumble to myself. I glance at the couch to see Daniel on his phone. He looks up at me and I look away and head into the kitchen. I hear footsteps behind me and I roll my eyes. 

"Kenz, can we talk for a second?"

"You're not someone I want to talk to right now."

"Mackenzie, come on! How many times do I need to apologize? I'm sorry okay?! For the millionth time, I'm sorry."

"Why did you really tell them? I know they didn't pressure you, so what was the real reason? Was I some trophy or some prize?" Daniel reaches out and places his hands one my waist. His thumbs pressing into my bare stomach caused goosebumps to form all over my body.

"Mackenzie I have loved you since the first time I saw you. I was always so jealous when you would hang out with other guys and it infuriated me when you would date them. But when I finally..." Daniel stares into my eyes and I feel his grip tighten.

"Had sex with me?" I ask crossing my arms.

"For lack of better words, yes. I was happy. I had finally got the girl I've been waiting for, for almost a whole year. I was ecstatic." Daniel pulls me close wrapping his arms further around my body. I feel Daniel's lips graze me ear before his soft, yet stern voice "If I knew I would've hurt you this bad, I would've never told a soul." I rest my head on Daniel's chest and sigh. Daniel pecks my cheek lightly "I love you Mackenzie. Don't forget that."

"I won't Daniel." Daniel lifts my head with his finger and lightly kisses my lips.

"Hey!!" Corbyn suddenly shouts getting Daniel and I's attention. "What did I tell you? Keep it in your pants." Daniel rolls his eyes and flips Corbyn off. "Fine. When there are mini Daniel's and Kenzi's running around, don't say I didn't tell you so.