Chapter 18

Logan

She's okay, she's okay. . .

I pull up to Jake's house and rush inside. Jake was pacing in his living room and I heard talking from the stairs and I look up to see Mackenzie, Ivan, and Tristan coming down the stairs. Ivan said something in Spanish and Kenzi replied back.

"Mackenzie!!" I run up the stairs and engulf my sister in a hug. She hugs back gripping onto my shirt.

"Are you okay? What happened?"

"I'm fine Logey."

"Don't you tell me you're fine. I just watched a video of my little sister screaming for help because someone had their hands on her."

"But I'm fine now. Don't worry about me."

"Mackenzie come here please." Jake was at the bottom of the stairs running his hand through his hair. Logan hugs me tightly one last time before letting go. We head down the stairs and Jake stops me and Ivan.

"Are you guys okay?"

"Yea."

"Yea." Jake pats Ivan's back and asks him to wait in the office. Jake hugs me tightly and kisses my forehead.

"Are you okay? Did that guy hurt you?"

"My wrist still hurts a little bit. . .but I'm fine, really."

"I'm just happy you're okay."

"You should thank Ivan for that. He's actually a really good guy Jake. I know you don't trust guys, but I think Ivan is going to be okay."

"Yea. . . it sounds like he really cares about you."

"Just please don't stress about it Jake. I can do enough of that for the both of us."

"I don't want you to get hurt."

"I won't."

"Okay..."

"Jake." Logan called Jake and motioned him towards the office. Jake hugs me one last time and joins Logan. They close the door and I head over to the couch. I put Ivan hood over my head and open up my phone. I had 21 missed texts and 30 missed calls.

20 misses calls from TONER!!
2 missed calls from Chance
5 missed calls from Kade
3 missed calls from Tristan

7 missed texts from Tesla
2 missed texts from Emilio
12 missed texts from Kade

I decide to call Anthony first. It rings and he immediately answers.

"Kenzi? Please tell me you're okay?"

"I'm fine Tony. My wrist hurts a little and that's all." Anthony sighs heavily.

"Thank goodness."

"Thank Ivan. He's the one who fought the guy off."

"Oh yea, speaking of which, are uh. . . are you guy thing?"

"No, not yet. He hasn't asked me out yet so. . ."

"Okay. . .I- uh. Never mind. I'm just happy you're okay Mackenzie."

"Okay."

"We're on our way to the house. We have an idea, Chance and I."

"Okay. I'll see you guys then. I need to call Kade." I hang up and call Kade. It rings for a while then he picks up.

"Are you okay?!"

"Yes, I'm fine Kade."

"Oh my god. I was so worried about you Mackenzie."

"You don't have to worry anymore Kade, I'm fine. My wrist just hurts a little bit that's all."