Chapter 27

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I check the caller I.D

Big Brother Jake- Incoming call. I answer.

"Hey Jakey, whatcha need?"

"Are you going to the gym today?"

"Oh uhm, yea. Can you pick me up?"

"Yea, I'll be there in 10."

I quickly get up and wash my face. I still had a small bit of makeup on from yesterday. I wash and blow dry my hair before putting it onto a bun. I put on some exercise clothes and them braid my hair.

 I put on some exercise clothes and them braid my hair

I wait on the couch for Jake to get here. Logan comes out and breaks a plate before jumping on the couch beside me.

"Where ya going?"

"To the gym with Jake." There was a knock at the door "And there he is." I go to open the door and it's the last person I would ever expect to be here at 6am. Daniel "Daniel what are you doing here?"

"C-Can I talk to you?"

"Uh yea sure. Let's talk in the hall." I walk out and close the door. I lean on the door and Daniel looks at his feet before looking at me.

"I know this is a stupid question and I could've just called you, but are you and Grayson a thing?" My eyes thin "I-I'm sorry, I know it was a s-"

"No! No, I just. . .why do you care so much? You did the same with Ivan. What's up with you Daniel?"

"I like you Mackenzie. I thought I've already told you this."

"And I thought I told you that you're not the boyfriend I need right now."

"You said that, months ago, I'm not going to stop trying."

"Daniel you know I love you so much, but hon-"

"If you love me then show it Mackenzie."

"I can't right now. Trust me."

"Why? Is it Grayson?" I stay silent and stare back into Daniel's eyes. "You guys are a thing aren't you?"

"What about you and Poppy?" Daniel stays silent.

"Exactly. Listen, you need to get your love life together, before you  try to fit into mine."

"Mackenzie!" I turn my head to see Jake. He looked at Daniel and he did not look happy. He stormed up and shoved Daniel.

"Jake!" I shout grabbing his arm. Logan rushes out the apartment to see what was going on.

"I thought I told you to stay away from my sister. Logan may let you hang out with her, but as long as she's with me you don't go anywhere near her, got it?"

"Bro calm down." Logan grabs Jake's shoulders and pulled him back.

"No! He called my sister a whore, made her cry, and broke her heart. Twice. I'm not letting that douche near her."