Chapter 21

I order an Uber and head to the Team 10 house. I get to the door and take a deep breath. I knock and wait. Kade answers the door. His eyes were red and he had tear stains on his cheeks. He smiles once he sees me.

"Mackenzie... listen I'm-"

"I'm here for Ivan don't worry."

"O-Okay. . ." Kade lets me through and I slowly walk up the stairs. I get to Ivan's door and my hand hovers over it. I hear talking, but it wasn't English. I guess Emilio was in there with him. I listen to their conversation.

"No sé lo que estaba pensando. Nunca quise herir a Mackenzie."
I don't know what I was thinking. I never wanted to hurt Mackenzie

"¿Entonces por qué?"
Then why

"No lo sé. Siempre anda merodeando por Grayson y esos otros tipos, estaba celosa."
I don't know. She's always hanging around Grayson and those other guys, I-I was jealous

"Entonces deberías haberle dicho eso a Kenzi. Ella habría entendido."
Then you should've told Kenzi that. She would've understood

"Sí, lo sé. La extraño mucho. ¡Estoy tan tonto! Ella era el amor de mi vida, Emilio." I knock on the door and the talking stops. I hear slow footsteps then the door opens. Emilio was standing there. He smiles when he sees me.
Yea, I know. I miss her so much. I so fxcking stupid! She was the love of my life Emilio

"K-Kenzi, hey. . ."

"Hey. Can I um. . .?"

"Yea, yea. I'll leave you guys alone." Emilio walks out and I walk in closing the door. Ivan looks up at me with his red eye and puffy cheeks. He smiles at me and I can't help falling in love.

"Mackenzie. . ."

"Ivan, just listen, please." Ivan nods and I take a deep breath "I'm sorry for blowing up at you. I said some things that I really regret."

"It's not your fault Mackenzie. It's mine. I was being a douche. I shouldn't've cheated on you. I love you so much and I never anted to loose you and break your heart."

"But why? Why'd you cheat? Was I not good enough?"

"No! No, you were perfect. I was just. . ."

"Just what?" Ivan looks down and crosses his arms. I place my hands on his shoulder and he looks up at me.

"I was jealous. . ."

"Ivan, why were you jealous?"

"Because you always hung around with Gray and those other guys. You never had time for just us."

"I always had time for us, Ivan. Why didn't you tell me? I would've dropped everything for you."

"I didn't want to be a burden."

"Ivan, you were never a burden. . .I love you so much."

"I-I love you so so much Mackenzie." I smash my lips into Ivan's and pull him close. He wraps his arms around my waist. I feel a tear leave my eye because I know I have to leave him. I pull back and rest my head on Ivan's.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry, Ivan." I free myself from Ivan's grip. He reaches for my hand as I back up "Wait. At least tell me how you feel...About me." I laugh as more tears fall down my face.

"I love you, more than anything Ivan. I-I just don't like you anymore." I connect my lips with Ivan's once more for a short kiss. I leave wiping my tears away.