Chapter 43

I wake up and it was dark. I turn on my lamp to see a phone charging. I sit up and grab the phone in my hand. It was a brand new iPhone 8 Plus. Logan had bought me a new case as well. It was a transparent blue case that had a polaroid taped to the inside. It was a picture of Chance, Anthony, Logan, Jake and I in Ohio messing around in the snow. I smile and put the case on the back of my phone. I turn it on and check the time.

2:43 am

I yawn and slip out of bed. I still had my long sweater on so I quietly walk downstairs and make myself a bowl of ice cream. I see Kong on the couch sleeping so I sit beside him and mess with his fur. He wakes up slightly and climbs in my lap before falling back asleep. 

As I sat, setting up my phone I hear steps from behind me. I turn to see Brendan, Logan's videographer, walking down the stairs. He had moved in with Logan before I got here.

"Hey Kenzi." He says as he tiredly wipes his eyes.

"Hi Brendan." I say giving a small smile. He grabs something from the kitchen and comes over to sit beside me.

"I see Kong has claimed you as his own." I lightly laugh and Brendan puts a chip in his mouth. What has you up so early?" He asks.

"Woke up and couldn't sleep, you?"

"I was just hungry." Brendan says with a light laugh. He looks down at me and we lock eyes. His eyes were a beautiful shade of blue. I look away blushing.

"Uh s-sorry..."

"N-no, you're...fine." We sit in silence until he speaks up. "So how are you liking everything so far?"

"Well considering Logan hasn't let me leave I don't know. I like house and everything, but I don't think it's my style. I'd like a condo apartment or you know, a normal house." Brendan laughs.

"The first Paul that doesn't want a big lavish house."

"Meh, I get it from my mom. She likes the simple things in life. My dad on the other hand, he likes big cars, big houses, big anything."

"Hm...I guess the simple things are better..."

"Yea. So how do you like it here?"

"I like it. I'm Logan's videographer so it's kinda better for me to live with him."

"Are you ever gonna get your own place?"

"Of course. I might just become a professional photographer. It's my dream, and I just love it."

"Heh...Maybe I could be one of your models." I say with a laugh in my tone. Brendan looks over to me and stares into my eyes.

"I'd love that..." He says in a whisper tone. I blush as I continue to stare. We both start to lean in and we kiss. His lips were soft and he was a good kisser. As I kissed Brendan he placed his hand on my thigh an something clicked in my brain. Brendan. I remember...

"I convinced Brendan to move out of his apartment."

"Also really stupid decision."

"And they're going to be moving in with us!"

I remember the apartment...

"I've always wanted to go to Italy. It's a dream of mine."

"You're so much like Logan. That's what I really like about you Kenz."

I remember our late night talk...

"No problem. I like talking to you Kenzi."

"I like talking to you too Brendan." 

I remember when I first started to like Brendan...

"Can we just go home? Please?"

"Yea." 

I remember heart-break...but I don't know from what...

His lips feel familiar. Like I've kissed them before...

"Brendan, I really care about you. Like a lot, but this can't be a thing. We can't be a thing."

I pull back and smile at Brendan. He smiles back at me with soft eyes. "I remember..." I whisper.

"W-What?"

"I remember... I remember you...all our memories..."

"Anything else?"

"No...but I remember you." Brendan smiles widely and hugs me tightly. I do the same.

"I love you so much Kenzi..."

"I love you too Brendan." Brendan kisses my forehead before pulling me into his body. I feel surrounded and secure from his warmth. I yawn and cuddle up to Brendan's body. "Night..." I say quietly.

I hear Brendan chuckle lightly "Night."

I wake up to whispering. I no longer felt Brendan's arms around me, but a blanket. Kong was no longer in my lap.

"So she doesn't remember us?"

"No...Apparently she remembered Brendan so were doing okay right now..."

"I'm glad she's okay, but...I just wish...Agh! I should've kept running. I could've stopped her..."

"There was nothing you could do Daniel...she was going to find out either way..."

"Yea...I know."

"Come on lets make this video, it'll make you feel better."

"Yea, I guess." I hear footsteps walking away and the sliding door close. I slowly sit up and rub my eyes. I look outside to see the boys standing beside the pool. Daniel had a guitar in his hand and he was strumming a tune. I stand up slowly and open the screen door quietly. I heard the boys singing and I smiled. Their voices were amazing. I especially loved Daniel's. I don't know why, but it was amazing. They finish and Logan turns off his camera. I clap and cheer. They look at me with surprised expressions. I walk over to them with a big smile.

"Kenzi!" They cheer.

"Uhm h-hi..." I say smiling and blushing. Daniel comes to my side and wraps an arm around my waist.

"Kenz, these are the boys or Jack, Zach, Corbyn, and Jonah." They all wave and smile at me.

"Nice to meet you guys! Daniel talked about you guys a lot." They all smirk  at Daniel and I laugh.

"What did he say exactly?" Jonah asks. I laugh and open my mouth. Daniel quickly covers my mouth and nervously laughs.

"Okay... Never mind that. Kenzi, do you want to hang out today? If that okay with you Logan?"

"Do you think you'll be okay, Kenz?" Logan asks placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I'll be fine Logey. I'd love to Daniel." Daniel gives a tooth grin showing off his tooth gap. I smile and blush as I stare.

I think I might be in love. . .