4.

*Beep beep*

I slowly opened my eyes as I turned the alarm off. I took a quick shower, wore my school shirt and pants and went downstairs for breakfast. Dad had made pancakes.

Usually dad is gone when I wake up but he always makes us something to eat before he leaves.

I covered the pancakes with golden syrup and sat down at the table. I ate in silence, thinking about the kiss. I just couldn't get it out of my head.

*Bzzzz*

A massage from Gumball.

"Morning." It read.

"Morning." I replied back.

"How are you getting to school?"

"School bus. Why?"

"Just asking. See you later."

"Okay."

That was weird. He just asks how I'm getting to school. Not how are you doing or what's up? Okay. I shrugged it off then finished my breakfast.

I took my plate to the sink, took some apple juice for school then sat in the living room waiting for someone to finish. My brother. He is a very slow person when it comes to preparing for school.

After what felt like an hour I went to check on him. He's still asleep.

"Oh come on." I pulled his sheets off him and roughly shook him. "Would you just wake up." I said running out of patience.

"Mmm." He mumbled while turning.

"We're gonna be late for school." He laid there, still. I resorted to taking his pillow and smacking him with it on the head.

"Alright, alright. I'm up." He tossed and turned until he was up. He sat up straight rubbing his eyes. I sat next to him.

"Why did you even go to a party last night?"

"Its not my fault to be born a party animal."

"Whatever. Just hurry up and get ready."

"What are you fussing about. It's still thirty minutes past six."

"Just go." I pointed to the bathroom.

"Fine. I'm going." He was reeking of alcohol, I wonder when he came home last night. I stood up and opened the windows for him while he showered. While making his bed I found a female panty. Wait, not one but five panties.

"Who did you sleep with last night?"

"No one."

"Mhm?" I left the panties on the bed when I was done. I sat on the bed waiting for him. He came out of the bathroom, naked. "Seriously?!" I said while covering my eyes with my hands.

"What?"

"Cover yourself with a towel man!"

"We are family so what's the point. It's not like we haven't been naked around each other before."

"We were kids!"

"What's the difference?"

"Just tell me when you covered."

"I'm covered."

I opened my eyes and he was still naked. "Come on dude!" I put my hand back on my eyes.

He laughed at how embarrassed I was. "Alright. I'm covered."

"You serious?"

"Yeah."

I removed my hand. This time he was in his boxers. He wore his uniform while I sorted his books. He took an apple for breakfast. While locking the door Gumball pulled up the driveway. "I came to pick you up." He asked through the window.

"Who's that?" Ben asked.

"A friend."

"A friend." He looked at me with one brow raised.

"What?"

"Nothing. I'll see you at school." He got into his car and left.

"Who was that?" Gumball asked after I got into his car.

"My brother, Ben."

"Oh, is he in a hurry?"

"Yeah. Thanks for picking me up but you really didn't have to."

"It's no problem. I wanted to." Most of the way we spent in comfortable silence until we reached school.