26.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Let's just hang out here in your house. We can watch a movie right here and you could make me your delicious omelette. I haven't had it in a long time."

"Okay." I said with a huge smile on my face. We got inside and sat on the couch for a little long time. We watched The Black Panther and snuggled on the couch. When he was hungry I decided to go make him an omelette. While cooking he came behind me and hugged me from behind.

"What are you doing?" I laughed.

"Just loving you."

"Come on, let go. I have to flip the omelette before it burns."

"But I don't wanna let go."

"But...." The door opened leaving me mid sentenced. Ben walked in not even looking at us.

"I just realised that I left my...." He stopped once he saw us. "Oh."

"Ben?" I asked while removing myself from Jer. "What are you doing here?"

"I uh- left my um...." He looked like he was trying to remember what he came for. "Oh, my uh- jacket."

"Jacket."

"Yeah, jacket." We stood there in awkward silence for a little moment which felt like a long hour. "I'll just go get it." He ran upstairs to my room. I looked at Jer and he looked curious.

"What are you thinking?" I asked him.

"Um- nothing." He shakes his head as he looked at the omelette with a smile on his face. I smelled burning.

"MY OMELETTE!" I quickly removed it on the pan and threw it on the plate. Great! Now one side is burnt and other one is raw. And people say my omelette is perfect. "Why didn't you tell me it was burning?"

"I did."

"No you didn't."

"Are you saying I'm lying?" He came closer to me with an evil smile on his face.

"No. Don't." He pulled me into his arms and started tickling me. I couldn't stop laughing my stomach started hurting. "No. St-stop!" I tried saying but I couldn't speak clearly.

"But you called me a liar."

"No I di-ha-dn't."

"What."

"Anyway, I found my jacket so...." Ben came down stairs. We quickly stopped as soon as he walked in. "Oh." Awkwardness hit the room again. "Well, I'll just be going then." He walked to the door as we stared at him. "By the way, there's a party at Ani's house. You coming?"

"Um- sure."

"Okay." He opened the door. But before he left he said "Uh- Jeremy."

"Yes?"

"You should come too."

"O-kay."

"Sorry to disturb." He left.

"What was that?" Jer asked as he sat down on one of the chairs.

"I don't know. And I thought you hate parties. Are you really going to that party?"

"I don't think I will. But it would be rude not to go."

"Seriously, you're going?"

"Yeah. Why so many questions?"

"No reason. Just curious."
I know for sure that if he comes he'll see Ben all drunk and acting all weird like he always does and he'll think of something that isn't true. I know for a fact that Ben is planning something. He wouldn't just invite Jeremy to a party. He never invites people unless it benefits him. Like how he always invites me to babysit him after drinking like crazy, then I have to take him home. With Jer at the party it might be hard for me to take him home.

We recooked the omelette and this time he didn't disturb me. Instead he just watched in amusement. He kept on staring at me. It made me feel creeped out but loved at the same time. While taking out the juice in the fridge he hugged me from the back. "Seriously? Again?"

He pecked my neck. "I just really love you."

"If you loved me you wouldn't disturb me like this. You would let me finish."

He kissed my cheek. Then dragged his kiss to my mouth. He turned me to his direction. He deepened the kiss while pinning me against the fridge doors. I pushed him back before things got out of hand. "Don't." I softly spoke.

Sadness flashed on his face. "Why?" He said sounding like he was about to cry.

"I'm sorry. I'm just not ready."

"Why don't you trust me?"

"No, I do trust you."

"But you don't trust me enough to have sex with me."

"I do."

"So why do you refuse me like this?"

"Jer please."

"No. Answer me."

"I told you. I'm not ready to have sex with anyone."

"But why?"

"Can we please not talk about this."

"Fine." He backed away from me. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologising?"

"I'm sorry for invading your personal space."

"What?"

"Let's eat." He took the plates to the dining room and put them on the coffee table. I poured the juice into two glasses and went to sit next to him.